1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 9, 2007 6:34 PM by Mannamal-Oracle

Error creating an RDF model

tripham
      Hi,
      I'm trying to set up the "Journal Article Information" RDF Store on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack1 following the instructions from the Oracle Spatial Resource Description Framework (RDF) 10g Release 2 manual but I was getting the following error when creating an RDF model:

SQL> execute sdo_rdf.create_rdf_model('articles', 'articles_rdf_data', 'triple');
      BEGIN sdo_rdf.create_rdf_model('articles', 'articles_rdf_data', 'triple'); END;

ERROR at line 1:
      ORA-13199: Model error occurred
      ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.MD", line 1723
      ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.MDERR", line 17
      ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.SDO_RDF_INTERNAL", line 1779
      ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.SDO_RDF", line 117
      ORA-06512: at line 1

I'm currently using Oracle Enterprise 10.2.0.1.0. I'm fairly new to Oracle Spatial RDF. I would appreciate it I could get an answer for what the problem might be.

Thanks,
      Tri
        • 1. Re: Error creating an RDF model
          Mannamal-Oracle
          Hi,

There doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong with this statement. I assume the application table (articles_rdf_data) has already been created?

One of the internal SQL statements that are executed when a model is executed might have failed (maybe due to insufficient space in the tablespace or some other similar reason; in a future release we expect to have a more descriptive error message). One way to pinpoint the SQL statement that caused the error is to use tracing tools as descriped in Chapter 20 "Using Application Tracing Tools" in the Oracle Database Performance Tuning Guide.

Set SQL trace on to get a trace file containing the SQL statements, and then use tkprof to format the output. Then send the output to me at melliyal <dot> annamalai <at> oracle <dot> com. If you are not familiar with SQL trace, write to me and I will give you more detailed instructions.

Melli