1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 154 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2008 6:42 PM by 601182 Go to original post RSS
      • 120. Re: Oracle Instant Client for Intel MacOS X
        jpiwowar
        Steve,

Check this post: Instant Client on OS/X early drop

Regards,

John P.
        • 121. Re: Oracle Instant Client for Intel MacOS X
          Q1 is over and THE MAC CLIENT IS AVAILABLE!!!!!

APRIL FOOLS!!!!

(We're such suckers.)
          • 122. Re: Oracle Instant Client for Intel MacOS X
            Thanks John - unfortunately over subscribed but only 2-3 weeks to wait apparently ... :-)
            • 123. Re: Oracle Instant Client for Intel MacOS X
              It took little over a year to pry this loose but I'm thankful that it will finally be there. I guess in a couple of months a lot of Oracle ready OSX software will be coming out.
              • 124. Re: Oracle Instant Client for Intel MacOS X
                I'd also really love to have this. It'd be great to have a full 11g server install, but at the very least I need a client.
                • 125. Re: Oracle Instant Client for Intel MacOS X
                  10.2.0.4 Database Client (+ Instant Client) for Apple Mac OS X on Intel x86 is now available for download on OTN: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/instantclient/htdocs/intel_macsoft.html
                  • 126. Re: Oracle Instant Client for Intel MacOS X
                    That really good news!

I'm linking against libclntsh.dylib in my MacOS X Intel application.
                    Can't seem to find it in this the new distribution ?

Kind regards,
                    Flemming Bengtsson
                    • 127. Re: Oracle Instant Client for Intel MacOS X
                      Created new instructions about how to setup Ruby and the new Oracle Instant Client on Intel Mac with Leopard -
                      http://blog.rayapps.com/2008/04/24/how-to-setup-ruby-and-new-oracle-instant-client-on-leopard/
                      • 128. Re: Oracle Instant Client for Intel MacOS X
                        link is dead....
                        • 129. Re: Oracle Instant Client for Intel MacOS X
                          Trying to compile PHP with OCI8:

./configure prefix=/example/php with-apxs2=/example/apache/bin/apxs with-gd with-png-dir=/example with-jpeg-dir=/example with-freetype-dir=/example with-pear enable-zip enable-zend-multibyte enable-calendar enable-mbstring enable-cli with-iconv=/example with-libxml-dir=/example --with-oci8=instantclient,/example/support/instantclient/instantclient_10_2

configure runs fine:

checking Oracle Instant Client directory... /example/support/instantclient/instantclient_10_2
                          checking Oracle Instant Client SDK header directory... /example/support/instantclient/instantclient_10_2/sdk/include
                          checking Oracle Instant Client version... 10.1

make fails however:

/usr/bin/ld: /example/support/instantclient/instantclient_10_2/libclntsh.dylib load command 8 unknown cmd field
                          collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
                          make: *** [libs/libphp5.bundle] Error 1

Any ideas?

Message was edited by:
                          user632937
                          • 130. Re: Oracle Instant Client for Intel MacOS X
                            I was able to configure and make, but make test had a lot of OCI8 errors. Here is a sampling of the 214 test failures I got:

FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and invalid values 1 [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_001.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and invalid values 2 [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_002.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and invalid values 3 [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_003.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and invalid values 4 [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_004.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and invalid values 5 [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_005.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name(), SQLT_CHR and default max_length [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_006.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and invalid values 7 [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_007.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and invalid values 8 [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_008.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and invalid values 9 [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_009.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and invalid values 8 [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_010.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name(), SQLT_CHR, default max_length and empty array [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_011.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name(), SQLT_CHR, default max_length and empty array [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_012.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name(), SQLT_CHR, default max_length and empty array [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_013.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and NUMBERs [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_014.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and SQLT_ODT [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_date.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and SQLT_ODT [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_date1.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and SQLT_FLT [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_float.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and SQLT_FLT [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_float1.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and SQLT_INT [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_int.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and SQLT_INT [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_int1.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and SQLT_AVC [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_str.phpt]
                            FAIL oci_bind_array_by_name() and SQLT_AVC [ext/oci8/tests/array_bind_str1.phpt]
                            FAIL binding empty values [ext/oci8/tests/bind_empty.phpt]
                            FAIL bind LONG field [ext/oci8/tests/bind_long.phpt]
                            FAIL bind LONG RAW field [ext/oci8/tests/bind_long_raw.phpt]
                            • 131. Re: Oracle Instant Client for Intel MacOS X
                              I am also getting the same errors of FAIL during make test, and I can't do a make install, I get:

Installing PEAR environment: /usr/lib/php/
                              dyld: Library not loaded: /scratch/plebld/208/rdbms/lib/libclntsh.dylib.10.1
                              Referenced from: /Users/me/src/php-5.1.6/sapi/cli/php
                              Reason: image not found
                              make[1]: *** [install-pear-installer] Trace/BPT trap
                              make: *** [install-pear] Error 2
                              • 132. Re: Oracle Instant Client for Intel MacOS X
                                I was able to get around that by setting the following (when running configure, make, make install):

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/example/instantclient_10_2"

Interestingly enough - I am able to compile and install successfully on my Leopard desktop. Still getting failures on the TIger server after upgrading to the very latest XCode. Is there some kind of dependency on Leopard here?
                                I am also getting the same errors of FAIL during make
                                test, and I can't do a make install, I get:

Installing PEAR environment: /usr/lib/php/
                                dyld: Library not loaded:
                                /scratch/plebld/208/rdbms/lib/libclntsh.dylib.10.1
                                Referenced from:
                                /Users/me/src/php-5.1.6/sapi/cli/php
                                Reason: image not found
                                ake[1]: *** [install-pear-installer] Trace/BPT trap
                                make: *** [install-pear] Error 2
                                • 133. Re: Oracle Instant Client for Intel MacOS X
                                  are you on OSX 10.4? I've got a feeling this only works on Leopard ...
                                  I have the similar trouble building ruby-oci8

"gcc -o conftest -I. -I/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-darwin8.11.1 -I/usr/local/src/ruby-oci8-1.0.0/ext/oci8 -g -O2 -fno-common -pipe -fno-common -I/usr/local/lib/oracle/instantclient_10_2/sdk/include conftest.c -L"." -L"/usr/local/lib" -L. -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib/oracle/instantclient_10_2 -lclntsh -lruby-static -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib/oracle/instantclient_10_2 -lclntsh -lpthread -ldl -lobjc "
                                  /usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/oracle/instantclient_10_2/libclntsh.dylib load command 8 unknown cmd field
                                  /usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/oracle/instantclient_10_2/libclntsh.dylib load command 8 unknown cmd field
                                  • 134. Re: Oracle Instant Client for Intel MacOS X
                                    Yep:

[machine:~] user% sw_vers
                                    ProductName:     Mac OS X Server
                                    ProductVersion:     10.4.8
                                    BuildVersion:     8N1215
                                    [machine:~] user% gcc -v
                                    Using built-in specs.
                                    Target: i686-apple-darwin8
                                    Configured with: /var/tmp/gcc/gcc-5370~2/src/configure disable-checking -enable-werror prefix=/usr mandir=/share/man enable-languages=c,objc,c++,obj-c++ --program-transform-name=/^[cg][^.-]*$/s/$/-4.0/ with-gxx-include-dir=/include/c++/4.0.0 with-slibdir=/usr/lib build=powerpc-apple-darwin8 with-arch=nocona with-tune=generic program-prefix= host=i686-apple-darwin8 target=i686-apple-darwin8
                                    Thread model: posix
                                    gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5370)