5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2013 8:28 PM by 987260 RSS

Problem running page: JRADXML timeout

I need to do OA Framework customizations, so I downloaded JDeveloper 9.0.3.5 using the following from Metalink:

Patch 5455514

After that I set up the environment variables JDEV_USER_HOME, CLASSPATH, PATH etc.

I am trying to run a page, and it gives me the following error message in a popup:

"An error was encountered while running "D:\jdevhome\jdevhome\jdev\myclasses\JRADXML"
      No response received in 30 secs.
      Please try the following:
      1) Increase the timeout limit by setting the JRAD.RUNREG_TIMEOUT parameter in the ide.properties file located in the system directory.
      2) Check the Host Name in the preferences, under Embedded OC4J.
      3) See the Log window for any error messages."

I did the following:

1) I added a new line in the ide.properties file under
      D:\jdevhome\jdevhome\jdev\system9.0.3.5.1453:

JRAD.RUNREG_TIMEOUT = 200

But everytime I start jdeveloper, I do not see that line in ide.properties.

2) Tools --> Preferences --> Embedded OC4J --> Host Name used to refer to embedded
      OC4J:
      Default IP Address (Recommended)

3) Tools --> Preferences --> Environment -->
      Check "Save Logs to File"
      Log file directory: D:\jdevhome\jdevhome\jdev\system9.0.3.5.1453

A log file gets created but nothing is written to it.
      Also, the error still appears, and the second time I run it, I see the message "error creating the ORB" in the jdev messages.

This is the message in the Jdev Embedded OC4J server window the first time I try to run the page:

[Starting OC4J using the following ports: HTTP=8988, RMI=23891, JMS=9227.]

D:\jdevhome\jdevbin\jdk\bin\javaw.exe -client -classpath D:\jdevhome\jdevbin\j2ee\home\oc4j.jar;D:\jdevhome\jdevbin\jdev\lib\jdev-oc4j.jar -Xbootclasspath/p:D:\jdevhome\jdevbin\jdev\appslibrt\ojdbc14.jar;D:\jdevhome\jdevbin\jdev\appslibrt\nls_charset12.zip -DFND_JDBC_STMT_CACHE_SIZE=200 -DCACHENODBINIT=true -DRUN_FROM_JDEV=true -mx256m -Xverify:none -Doracle.j2ee.dont.use.memory.archive=true -Doracle.j2ee.http.socket.timeout=500 com.evermind.server.OC4JServer -config D:\jdevhome\jdevhome\jdev\system9.0.3.5.1453\oc4j-config\server.xml
      [waiting for the server to complete its initialization...]

Ready message received from Oc4jNotifier.

Embedded OC4J startup time: 2123 ms.

Auto-deploying OA Framework web application deployment descriptor (New server version detected)...

Oracle9iAS (9.0.3.1.0) Containers for J2EE initialized

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
      Kalp
        • 1. Re: Problem running page: JRADXML timeout
          Can you check to see if you are running any other oc4j instance?
          I encountered this once, and I remember killing all the processes of the kind javaw and restarting the Jdeveloper...but can';t recall now if that really solved the issue.
          • 2. Re: Problem running page: JRADXML timeout
            I tried restarting my machine several times, stopped jDeveloper, but the error appears every time.

Also tried the solutions suggested in the following posts:

Not able to launch OA Page from JDeveloper.

Suggestion:
            - Under Tools | Preferences | Embedded OC4J Server, make sure that the "Default Local iP Address" is selected under "Local Host".

Unable to run the page from JDeveloper

Suggestions:
            - Try changing system date
            - Try deleting system folder
            - Restart jdev, kill jdevw processes

None of these work.. Please help! is it because I have downloaded the wrong verison of jdev??(Patch 5455514)

thanks
            • 3. Re: Problem running page: JRADXML timeout
              Do you have another OC4j intance running in your machine. If you have one running, check to see if it is setup to start up automatically when the machine boots up.

I have a SOA suite installed in my machine and when I have the oc4j instance in that running, I get the same error that you are getting. As soon as I stop it, Jdeveloper could run its own oc4j instance.

Hope this helps
              • 4. Re: Problem running page: JRADXML timeout
                I do not have any other OC4J running on my machine.

I did find a way to work around this error though:

Tools --> Preferences --> Embedded OC4J --> Host Name or IP Address:
                Set to "Local Host's short name"

If I set to "Default Local IP Address" or "Local Host's Full Name" I get the timeout error.

Thank you for your reply.
                • 5. Re: Problem running page: JRADXML timeout

Hi All,

We were able to run OA Pages from JDeveloper 10.1.3.3.0.3. before about a month.

Now when we try to run the page, we are getting the same error mentioned in this thread:

"An error was encountered while running "D:\jdevhome\jdevhome\jdev\myclasses\JRADXML"
                  No response received in 30 secs.
                  Please try the following:
                  1) Increase the timeout limit by setting the JRAD.RUNREG_TIMEOUT parameter in the ide.properties file located in the system directory.
                  2) Check the Host Name in the preferences, under Embedded OC4J.
                  3) See the Log window for any error messages."

The Log Messages are shown below:

[Starting OC4J using the following ports: HTTP=8988, RMI=23891, JMS=9227.]

C:\test\Softwares\Tools\R12\jdevhome\jdev\system\oracle.j2ee.10.1.3.41.57\embedded-oc4j\config>

C:\test\Softwares\Tools\R12\jdevbin\jdk\bin\javaw.exe -hotspot -classpath C:\test\Softwares\Tools\R12\jdevbin\j2ee\home\oc4j.jar;C:\test\Softwares\Tools\R12\jdevbin\jdev\lib\jdev-oc4j-embedded.jar -DFND_JDBC_STMT_CACHE_SIZE=200 -DCACHENODBINIT=true -DRUN_FROM_JDEV=true -mx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Xverify:none -DcheckForUpdates=adminClientOnly -Doracle.application.environment=development -Doracle.j2ee.dont.use.memory.archive=true -Doracle.j2ee.http.socket.timeout=500 -Doc4j.jms.usePersistenceLockFiles=false oracle.oc4j.loader.boot.BootStrap -config C:\test\Softwares\Tools\R12\jdevhome\jdev\system\oracle.j2ee.10.1.3.41.57\embedded-oc4j\config\server.xml

[waiting for the server to complete its initialization...]

Jun 18, 2013 1:20:05 AM com.evermind.server.jms.JMSMessages log

INFO: JMSServer[]: OC4J JMS server recovering transactions (commit 0) (rollback 0) (prepared 0).

Jun 18, 2013 1:20:05 AM com.evermind.server.jms.JMSMessages log

INFO: JMSServer[]: OC4J JMS server recovering local transactions Queue[jms/Oc4jJmsExceptionQueue].

WARNING: Code-source C:\test\Softwares\Tools\R12\jdevbin\jdev\appslibrt\xml.jar (from <library> in /C:/test/Softwares/Tools/R12/jdevhome/jdev/system/oracle.j2ee.10.1.3.41.57/embedded-oc4j/config/application.xml) has the same filename but is not identical to /C:/test/Softwares/Tools/R12/jdevbin/lib/xml.jar (from <code-source> (ignore manifest Class-Path) in META-INF/boot.xml in C:\test\Softwares\Tools\R12\jdevbin\j2ee\home\oc4j.jar). If it contains different versions of the same classes, it will be masked as the latter is already visible in the search path of loader default.root:0.0.0.

WARNING: Code-source C:\test\Softwares\Tools\R12\jdevbin\jdev\appslibrt\jazn.jar (from <library> in /C:/test/Softwares/Tools/R12/jdevhome/jdev/system/oracle.j2ee.10.1.3.41.57/embedded-oc4j/config/application.xml) has the same filename but is not identical to /C:/test/Softwares/Tools/R12/jdevbin/j2ee/home/jazn.jar (from <code-source> in META-INF/boot.xml in C:\test\Softwares\Tools\R12\jdevbin\j2ee\home\oc4j.jar). If it contains different versions of the same classes, it will be masked as the latter is already visible in the search path of loader default.root:0.0.0.

WARNING: Code-source C:\test\Softwares\Tools\R12\jdevbin\jdev\appslibrt\jazncore.jar (from manifest of /C:/test/Softwares/Tools/R12/jdevbin/jdev/appslibrt/jazn.jar) has the same filename but is not identical to /C:/test/Softwares/Tools/R12/jdevbin/j2ee/home/jazncore.jar (from <code-source> in META-INF/boot.xml in C:\test\Softwares\Tools\R12\jdevbin\j2ee\home\oc4j.jar). If it contains different versions of the same classes, it will be masked as the latter is already visible in the search path of loader default.root:0.0.0.

WARNING: Code-source C:\test\Softwares\Tools\R12\jdevhome\jdev\system\oracle.j2ee.10.1.3.41.57\embedded-oc4j\applications\datatags\webapp\WEB-INF\lib\uix2.jar (from WEB-INF/lib/ directory in C:\test\Softwares\Tools\R12\jdevhome\jdev\system\oracle.j2ee.10.1.3.41.57\embedded-oc4j\applications\datatags\webapp\WEB-INF\lib) has the same filename but is not identical to /C:/test/Softwares/Tools/R12/jdevbin/jdev/appslibrt/uix2.jar (from <library> in /C:/test/Softwares/Tools/R12/jdevhome/jdev/system/oracle.j2ee.10.1.3.41.57/embedded-oc4j/config/application.xml). If it contains different versions of the same classes, it will be masked as the latter is already visible in the search path of loader datatags.web.webapp:0.0.0.

13/06/18 01:20:28 java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

13/06/18 01:20:28 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

13/06/18 01:20:28 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)

13/06/18 01:20:28 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)

13/06/18 01:20:28 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)

13/06/18 01:20:28 at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:364)

13/06/18 01:20:28 at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:507)

13/06/18 01:20:28 at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:457)

13/06/18 01:20:28 at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:365)

13/06/18 01:20:28 at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:207)

13/06/18 01:20:28 at oracle.jdevimpl.runner.oc4j.Oc4jNotifier.sendMessage(Oc4jNotifier.java:98)

13/06/18 01:20:28 at oracle.jdevimpl.runner.oc4j.Oc4jNotifier.postInitApplicationServer(Oc4jNotifier.java:55)

13/06/18 01:20:28 at com.evermind.server.ApplicationServer.serverExtensionPostInit(ApplicationServer.java:1202)

13/06/18 01:20:28 at com.evermind.server.ApplicationServer.setConfig(ApplicationServer.java:1049)

13/06/18 01:20:28 at com.evermind.server.ApplicationServerLauncher.run(ApplicationServerLauncher.java:131)

13/06/18 01:20:28 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

13/06/18 01:20:28 Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0)  initialized

The Error seems to be java.net.ConnectException.

Tried all the solutions in this thread with no luck.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sujay