4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2007 12:03 PM by 300230 RSS

FRM-18108: Failed to load the following objects.

Hi Everyone,
      When I try to open forms for a particular application, I get FRM-18108 error. Form does open.
      I am working on three different application.
      All objects related to the application are stored as:
      M:\app\app01
      subdir: db_obj, forms, reports, icon, lib etc
      M:\app\app02
      M:\app\app03

Forms for app01, app02 are fine, they open, I can modify them.
      app03 forms opens with this information.

Source Module:tmplate
      Source Object: ON-MESSAGE
      Source Object: WHEN-WINDOW-RESIZED
      Source Object: ON-ERROR
      Source Object: KEY-CLRFRM

There is no such module with the name "tmplate"
      All source objects mentioned in the error are attached objects.
      I tried to check the "subclass information" property of these objects.
      this is the error I get:
      "Could not fine the source object. Press view to view the existing source info or edit to change the source info" with three button "View", "Edit", "Cancel". If view is clicked the subclass window is greyed, but you can see the module is 'tmplate'.
      I checked the 'C' drive where all executables are stored, there is no object with the name 'tmplate'.

Is this module lost, is there any way to recover it?
      Out of these three application app03 was developed by a vendor, who I think still supports to some extent. Did he not provide the template so that no one else is able to modify.

Thanks to all,

Habeeb
        • 1. Re: FRM-18108: Failed to load the following objects.
          What version of Forms are you using? This is basically caused by subclassed objects not being present as the form is opened. There is a couple of reasons that this problem will occur.
          Firstly - if you are using Forms 6, a template could have been saved into the database, with a change of database this error can occur.
          Also if you are missing an object library (.olb) as you open the forms the same can happen.

HTHs
          L :-)
          • 2. Re: FRM-18108: Failed to load the following objects.
            Search the app03 form for a reference to a "tmplate" form (or object library). If you can't find it, then convert the app03.fmb from binary to text (app03.fmt) and search it. I suspect the developer forgot to give you the tmplate.fmb.
            • 3. Re: FRM-18108: Failed to load the following objects.
              You can also generate a .txt version of the form, using "File - Administration - Object list report". This will save the form properties in a file in the same folder as the source code.

In that file you can search for the triggers subclass information and find out if it is missing file or if it is a missing module saved in the database.

If you don't have the missing file, in the txt file you may also get the pl/sql text of the triggers as they were when the form was saved. So you can rewrite them using these pl/sql's and save them as not referenced triggers

Hope this helps
              RuBeck
              • 4. Re: FRM-18108: Failed to load the following objects.
                Thanks to All,
                Sorry I could not reply you back soon as I busy and I though before I reply you back let me do some HW myself. Below are my findings.

We are using Forms 6i, we went through an upgrade from 9.3 to 9.7 recently because of the DST as 9.3 is not capable of taking those patches. We are also using an object library but object inherited from the library are OK.
                All objects part of the “tmplate” related to “visual attributes” are the main problem. I can see the code for attached triggers.
                Example:

Source Object: WHEN-WINDOW-RESIZED

Form level trigger:

begin
                SET_RUNFORM_PROPERTIES; -- (this is a library procedure)
                --
                exception
                when form_trigger_failure then
                raise form_trigger_failure;
                end;

I tried creating a form with the same name as “tmplate” and created a form level trigger WHEN-WINDOW-RESIZED, complied and saved it in the same directory as all the other forms, but still this object was not attached.
                The most critical are the “visual attributes” when I check the properties it has nothing, no properties are inherited.
                I converted the fmb to fmt and this is what I found for the visual attribute, LOV_SELECTION_LIST.

DEFINE F50T
                BEGIN
                TP = 738
                TI = 9
                TN = 328
                TV = <<"LOV_SELECTION_LIST">>
                END

----
                ----
                ----

DEFINE FRM50_IDFO
                BEGIN
                IDFOS_POI = 902
                IDFOS_OID = 908
                IDFOS_NAM = <<"LOV_SELECTION_LIST">>
                IDFOS_TYP = 74
                IDFOS_OOI = 1
                IDFOS_OPN = 355
                IDFOS_CNT = 2
                END

Is this something that can be converted back to actual properties?

Thanks to all once again,

Have a nice weekend...

Habeeb