1 2 3 4 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2007 9:41 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
        but how do I use it?
        By running "runInstaller.sh" which exist under the directories mentioned above.
        • 31. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
          Yudi Lukman
          Ok I found runinstaller.sh under the directories taylor had mentioned above now (thanks taylor).

I compared script in both directories and it's the same for me. Do we need to execute runinstaller.sh in both apps and db or just one of it? If we need to execute both, which one should I execute first, the database then the application?

Suppose I had 2 installation of apps in single node : /oracle and /oracle1 then I deleted all the files under /oracle1. If I want to clean up the oraInventory then I should execute runinstaller.sh for the database and application under /oracle, right?

If I had 2 installation of apps in single node : /oracle and /oracle1 then I deleted all the files under /oracle1 and install again under /oracle2, to clean up the oraInventory then I should use the runinstaller from /oracle2 instead of under /oracle, am I right? Or we can use runinstaller from /oracle too? Thanks.
          • 32. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
            mdtaylor
            The iAS and Oracle database runInstaller programs will remove each Oracle Home form the global central inventory. If you have already deleted everything under /oracle1, you can remove their entries from the /oracle runInstaller. You may be out of luck removing /oracle1 8.0.6 entries without the /oracle/8.0.6/orainst directory though.
            • 33. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
              Yudi Lukman
              hi taylor,

you're replying about /oracle and /oracle1, right? how about my question where there were /oracle, /oracle1 (deleted all the files but hadn't cleaned the oraInventory) and /oracle2?

btw, when we execute runinstaller.sh, what's the status of db and apps, down or up and which one should we execute first, db or apps? thanks
              • 34. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
                mdtaylor
                Just chmod -R 777 /etc/oraInventory so both oracle and applmgr can write/delete from the oraInventory if you installed under different OS users. The databases do not need to be up. You can run it from /oracle instance or /oracle2.
                • 35. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
                  Yudi Lukman
                  I'd tried to execute runinstaller.sh but I got error to uinstall because some installation was installed using OUI 10.1 so I switched to use OUI 10.1 under /oracle/proddb/9.2.0/oui/bin and checked APPS9I_PROD2 and APPSIAS_PROD2 (those two were installed under /oracle2 but had been deleted) then clicked Remove. Clicked next in confirmation window. Seems like the uninstallation process completed but when I clicked deinstall product, it still there.
                  • 36. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                    you're replying about /oracle and /oracle1, right? how about my question where
                    there were /oracle, /oracle1 (deleted all the files but hadn't cleaned the
                    oraInventory) and /oracle2?
                    If you have already deleted /oracle1, then you can simply recreate the global inventory for /oracle since the local inventory for /oracle is still presented (instead of using OUI to uninstall all the homes that belong to /oracle1).

I suggest you have a look at Note: 295185.1 - How to Recreate the Global oraInventory

https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=295185.1
                    • 37. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
                      Yudi Lukman
                      Hi,

thank you for the link. I'll try to look more into it and inform you the result.
                      • 38. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
                        Yudi Lukman
                        Hi, I'm opening this thread again :P

Speaking of OUI :

1. From what Michael wrote that db didn't need to be up I assumed that apps and db were better down before we execute OUI, am I right?

2. Where do we started the uninstallation process using OUI? From apps or from db?

thanks.
                        • 39. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          1. What must be the condition of apps and db before we execute OUI?
                          Both should be down.
                          2. Where do we started the uninstallation process using OUI? From apps or from db?
                          It does not matter. You may start with the application then uninstall the database home.
                          • 40. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
                            Yudi Lukman
                            If in that 2 machine there are already 2 installation A and B, can we still running installation A when all I want is just to uninstall B?
                            • 41. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
                              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                              Could you please elaborate more. What do you have on A and on B? What exactly you want to uninstall and what do you want to keep?
                              • 42. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
                                Yudi Lukman
                                Sorry for not clear,

A = 1st installation of Oracle E-Business Suite. SID : VIS01 port pool : 0
                                B = clone from A. SID : VIS02 port pool : 1

What I'm trying to do is a scenario like this : after setup in B (e.g. multiorg) then the installation crashed so I need to clone again from A. I want to completely uninstall B so that I can use SID VIS02 and port pool : 1 again.
                                • 43. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
                                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                  So you want to Keep A and uninstall B, in this case make sure you uninstall all ORACLE_HOMEs which belong to B. You do not have to shutdown A.
                                  • 44. Re: 11.5.10.2 install problems
                                    Yudi Lukman
                                    Yep, that's what I want to do.

Is the ORACLE_HOME belongs to B still appear after we uninstall using OUI because when I tried, it still exist.