Does anyone have any experience when Oracle SpatialThere is your problem. Efficient systems cache at multiple levels, and are fast.
is used with say 20.000 concurrent users. I am not
interested in MapViewer response time, but lets say
- there is no client side caching
Anwers I am interested in:Hard to say, we run a few hundred users on one four-code Opteron Sun box, the database rarely goes above idle.
- What sort of server would be required
- How can Oracle serve all that data (each RefreshAgain, unless there is some reason the client cannot cache - this is your problem.
renders the map and retrieves the data over the wire as there is no client side caching).
- What sort of network infrastructure would beAgain, that depends. We get away with very little bandwidth, since we strive to only send data once. But then, we cache heavily.
- Can clients connect to different servers and hence use load balancing or does Oracle have an automaticThe way we do it, yes. In fact, we use a load balancer in front of the app servers so that everything has the same url, so as far as the app is concerned, it is always the same server.
mechanism for that?