This content has been marked as final. Show 409 replies
Can I use MS Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition? It is available for download from MS website.You can use it to install Oracle Apps R12, but later on you would not be able to relink any executable file.
If so, should it be installed in "C:/VCPlus," or the default, which is program files?Do NOT install under "Program Files" (Do not use any folder name which contains spaces).
1.R12.0.4 install pre-req checks all ok.
2. Install progressed well into step 4 of 5 (>70%.)
3.. Received unexpected error. RW-50004 generic message about error when running external process
4. Maybe install does not like my MS VC++ 2008 Express Edition
5. Want to now try MS VC++ 8.0 (or MS VS 2005 hsawwan's earlier suggestion,) but have no idea where to get it.
6. Appeciate any ideas, or alternate sugestions.
2. Install progressed well into step 4 of 5 (>70%.)At what process it failed?
Check the following log files for more details about the error:
3.. Received unexpected error. RW-50004 generic message about error when running external processThis is a generic error, so checking the log file should be helpful.
4. Maybe install does not like my MS VC++ 2008 Express EditionYou can install R12 with MS VC++ 2008 Express Edition, but you would not be able to relink executable files later.
5. Want to now try MS VC++ 8.0 (or MS VS 2005 hsawwan's earlier suggestion,) but have no idea where to get it.It's not available for free, you have to purchase the software.
I am trying to follow the instructions to install R12 on my Windows XP laptop but am already stuck on step 5 when trying to ping. Do I really need to follow these steps if the install is on my laptop and I'm the only person using the apps?
Should I replace the 10.10.10.10 IP address with my own?
Do I really need to follow these steps if the install is on my laptop and I'm the only person using the apps?
Should I replace the 10.10.10.10 IP address with my own?Sure you can, just make sure you use a valid (unused) IP Address in the loopback setup.
The purpose of using a loopback adapter is to start/connect to the application if you are connected/disconnected to/from the network.
What I have assumed that these are the user variable and should be defined in environment variable sectionThese are variables in the context file (which will be created by Rapidwiz) under %APPL_TOP%\admin directory later. When you run the installer, it will prompt you to enter the directory name of:
1) MSDEV Directory (s_MSDEVdir) --> C:\VCPlus\VC -- Where you have installed VC++
2) MKS Directory (s_MKSdir) --> C:\cygwin\bin -- Since you want to use Cygwin instead of MKS
I have installed R12 (Vision Demo) on XP several times successfully. My problem is when working with R12, my Concurrent processing manager dont seem to work. When I schedule a request, the request stays pending and never completes. Is this a sign of an improper installation? I use "Configurator Developer" to register my request in Vision Demo. The error messages tells me anyone of the several internal processed can process my request but they are all down. I appreciate any help.
Also does anyone know the post installation steps for R12 if there are any?