3004 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Welcome to all!

My name is Anyck Turgeon. I work in the industries worldwide
marketing team and would like to invite you to use this
environment as much as you want. Please do not
hesitate to send me a note if you require contacts information
or if I can assist you with any industry marketing
needs you may have. It will be my pleasure to help you!

Anyck Turgeon
650-506-1700
anyck.turgeon@oracle.com
  • 1. re:WELCOME!
    165535 Newbie
    We are working in Healthcare software for a few years now. We have a range of hospitals in India who are using our software.
    We are interested in venturing into new geographical locations for this work and our first international client implementation is under way currently.
    With the right business knowledge in Helthcare and a range of hospitals to vouch our work, we would like you to forward us any opportunities/ requirements in Helthcare software.
    Do let me know if we can work under any terms in this area.

Welcome to all!
    My name is Anyck Turgeon. I work in the industries worldwide
    marketing team and would like to invite you to use this
    environment as much as you want. Please do not
    hesitate to send me a note if you require contacts information
    or if I can assist you with any industry marketing
    needs you may have. It will be my pleasure to help you!
    Anyck Turgeon
    650-506-1700
    anyck.turgeon@oracle.com
  • 2. re:WELCOME!
    118898 Newbie
    Hi Ranjit,
    Could you indicate what kind of Oracle tools/products are you using, ie., Oracle 8i and/or Oracle9i? See my announcement re EPR. Jan
  • 3. re:WELCOME!
    175681 Newbie
    hi all,
    thanks for your helpfull ,
    my name is Abozaid from Egypt and i worked as senior developer
    in healthcare , from few years .
    now we are going to migrate our application to web enabled
    any one help me

what is the practical functions need to web ?
    and how we can start ?
    now we using oracle developer 2000 ver 1.3 and oracle 8

my email is abouzaids@yahoo.com

thnaks in advance
    Abozaid
  • 4. re:WELCOME!
    184317 Newbie
    Be very carefull. Oracle still does not have a full tool set of production software for the migration from the current client/server environment (Developer/Developer Server 2000 and Oracle8) to the Internet. Oracle9i AS Development Suite is still missing one most important software component, i.e., Oracle Forms9i AS. Due sometimes in this 1Q but might be released later. Note: Oracle Corp. is well known of announcing products well ahead of its productions release. Do not hesitate to contact me directly. Our company Intesys International (www.intesysinternational.com) has similar goals, i.e., to migrate out current HIS software to the Web. Do not hesitate to contact me directly: jbrandejs@msn.com Regards, Jan
  • 5. re:WELCOME!
    78395 Newbie
    I have the following questions:

I developed a Servlet/JSP application on tomcat, now I am going to deploy it to OC4J. In OC4J, directly under default-web-apps, I created a directory called misc, and put my servlets (in
    default-web-apps/misc/WEB-INF/classes), jsp (in default-web-apps/misc/jsp), beans (in default-web-apps/misc/WEB-INF/classes/beans) there (no EJB). The OC4J server can run jsp correctly, but it can not locate servlets. It can only locate servlets under default-web-apps/WEB-INF/classes directory.

It means it is not scalable if I put my servlets directly in
    default-web-apps/WEB-INF/classes, because if I deploy another project, which has a servlet, I also need to put it in the same directory.

All in all, OC4J can locate the servlet by "http://127.0.0.1:port/servlet/myservlet", but if I put the servlet in misc/WEB-INF/classes directory, it can not locate the servlet by "http://127.0.0.1:port/misc/servlet/myservlet". In tomcat, it is good because every time I created a new project, I just create a new directory "misc" parallel to "examples", and I can access that project by "http://127.0.0.1:port/misc/servlet/myservlet". By doing this way, different projects are in different directory. But in OC4J, different projects' servlet has to be in the same directory (I know I can create a directory under WEB-INF/classes called misc, and then call my servlet by "http://127.0.0.1:port/servlet/misc.myservlet, but this is not what I want).

Is there a way to let OC4J to deploy projects like tomcat? The
    documentation said OC4J is 100% compatible with tomcat, but I think it is not.

Thanks a lot if you can provide help.

Jingzhi

• 6. re:WELCOME!
    168002 Newbie

youll see We are in Mexico City and have RIS/PACS from GE medical Systems and HIS from SParin Software Company.

In this moment We 4ll try to evaluet some tools to make my HIS web-enable, I-planet (international tool), BEA (from Tuxedo Software Tool) Taminos (From Software AG Germany Company), X-web (powerfull tool from Software Mexican Company)

And and if you dont believe it? Maybe We can choose the mexican tool or Taminos Software.

Ah.. I almost forget the Oracle Tools are very complex and exclusive.
  • 7. re:WELCOME!
    168002 Newbie

youll see We are in Mexico City and have RIS/PACS from GE medical Systems and HIS from SParin Software Company.

In this moment We 4ll try to evaluet some tools to make my HIS web-enable, I-planet (international tool), BEA (from Tuxedo Software Tool) Taminos (From Software AG Germany Company), X-web (powerfull tool from Software Mexican Company)

And and if you dont believe it? Maybe We can choose the mexican tool or Taminos Software.

Ah.. I almost forget the Oracle Tools are very complex and exclusive.
  • 8. re:WELCOME!
    184317 Newbie
    You should visit this Web site in order to learn more about Mexican solutions for Mexican hospitals: www.westwind.com.mx. I agree with you that Oracle tools are complex but there are no other Internet tools available, yet. You might try those you listed but I can assure you they will not work for hospitals and the Internet.
  • 9. re:WELCOME!
    184317 Newbie
    Zinghzi, tell me how your issues are related to the healthcare applications? We should concentrate on healthcare and NOT on technical (e.g. Solaris, etc) issues. Jan
  • 10. re:WELCOME!
    239611 Newbie
    Hi.......

I have an answer to ur Query...The solution to web enable the existing one in Oracle 8.0 and Developer 2000.......

Can u mail me ur ID........

Deepa
  • 11. re:WELCOME!
    377438 Newbie
    hi Anyck

my name is rajiv and im currently in my final yr at uni, doing a thesis on "Deploying an e-commerce application using Oracle" I seen your contact email address on the oracle forum, i hope you dont mind me contacting you. I am trying to get the basic understanding of how oracle actually works, i cannot seem to find the answers to my simple questions. I am really hoping that you would not mind to answer some of my questions regarding oracle, and how it is used....

1. why oracle? what is it all about? what is so special about it? what is the cutting edge on its products?

2. How do companies benefit from using it in both internal and external environnemnt? inside & outside of the company?

3. If i download a copy of oracle 9i as portal, how much would i have to pay when i want to put the application i made to use? How does the oracle licensing work?

4. what are pl/sql statements? how are they used?

5. are there any running online applications using oracle? if yes, what are the URLs?

6. How do oracle products manage network traffic? & whats so special about its security system?

7. could i build a complete front & back end secure e-comms application ONLY using 91 AS Portal? or would i have to use another package to make the front end?

8. what type of companies use oracle products?

if there is anything else you think i should know about oracle that may help me with my theses could you pls lighten me?

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP

thanking you &
    kind regards

Raj