1 2 3 Previous Next 104 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2007 7:14 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Installation errors during E-Business Oracle Applications Apps R11i 11i

Hi All,

I have tried may-many times for installing Oracle Apps 11i but failed. Every time I install Xp Pro and softwares/drivers, CYGWIN, Video studio 2005 but somewhere it fails. Previous all the times I was doing it on th 50 GB D partetion of my Core Duo 1.66 laptop with 250GB external hard drive and 1GB Ram. So I somehow felt that the problem is with D:\CYGWIN etc. so I removed tht partetion because I had both XP Home and PRO on different partetions. Now I made it only one partetion with XP PRO. My first question is ...

Do I need to run Service pack 2 cd for XP even though it is activated and Yes for automatic updates and it has all the latest updates like Internet Explorer 7.0 etc.

And after that I wil explain how and where I am getting error.
      I am following DHIRR and NAVEED27c posts for installing apps 11i.

My computer name is "laptop"

My hosts file is like this
      127.0.0.1 localhost
      127.0.0.1 localhost.ndatta.com
      192.168.0.103 ndatta ndatta.com

THe ERROR is on step 2 of 5 while it is 40% completed
      Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROCVIS))

TNS-12541: TNS:no listener

TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

TNS-00511: No listener

32-bit Windows Error: 2: No such file or directory

Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=ndatta.ndatta.com)(Port=1521))

TNS-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

TNS-00515: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

32-bit Windows Error: 1004: Unknown error

LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on 12-APR-2007 01:41:34

Copyright (c) 1991, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Starting tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production

System parameter file is f:\oracle\visdb\9.2.0\network\admin\VIS_ndatta\listener.ora

Log messages written to f:\oracle\visdb\9.2.0/network/admin\vis.log

Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROCVISipc)))

Error listening on: (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=ndatta.ndatta.com)(Port=1521))

TNS-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

TNS-00515: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

32-bit Windows Error: 1004: Unknown error

Listener failed to start. See the error message(s) above...

addlnctl.cmd exiting with status 3

"Error returned while starting net8 listener"

There was an error while running the command - f:\oracle\visdb\9.2.0\temp\VIS_ndatta\adrundb.cmd APPS APPS
      The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe.
      The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe.
      RW-50010: Error: - script has returned an error: 3
      RW-50004: Error code received when running external process. Check log file for details.
      Running Database Install Driver for VIS instance

I will really appericiate resolution to this.
      Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Installation errors during E-Business Oracle Applications Apps R11i 11i
          Fadi Hasweh
          can you start the listnere your slef and run rapidwiz -restart option

fadi
          http://oracle-magic.blogspot.com
          • 2. Re: Installation errors during E-Business Oracle Applications Apps R11i 11i
            mdtaylor
            It looks like your computer name is ndatta ndatta.com.

Your etc/hosts should be long first then short:

127.0.0.1 localhost
            127.0.0.1 localhost.ndatta.com
            192.168.0.103 ndatta.com ndatta

Also, 11i only works with Visual C++ 6.0, not Visual C 8.0 that ships with Visual Studio 2005.
            • 3. Re: Installation errors during E-Business Oracle Applications Apps R11i 11i
              I am not able to find download for vc++ 6.0 though I found the download for VC++ 6.0 SP 6

I find this as the link given on many forums for downloading and installing VC++
              but this link takes me where download for Visual C++ 2005 express edition is

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/download/

So I will need link for VC++ 6.0 also if if I have to deinstall the wrong version and install the right version that means I will have to start from begening removing everything off of my laptop again.

Also my computer name is "laptop" and I give domain name as ndatta.com so what should be my etc/hosts look like.

I will go home about 6.30 Eatern time and start from 7 PM onwards again. So please tell me how shouldI proceed . Should I remove and format hard drive then instll Windows XO Pro with SP 2 and then VC++ 6.0 with SP6 and then cygwin etc
              or
              is there a way I can continue from here where I am stuck.
              • 4. Re: Installation errors during E-Business Oracle Applications Apps R11i 11i
                mdtaylor
                You can get the media from logging a SR with Oracle:

Visual C++ Requirement for Release 11i on Windows
                http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=201392.1

Otherwise, consider installing it using OpenSuse10.2, where the OS and tools are free and productivity/mobility/oracle support is good. I have Vision 11.5.10.2 with 10gR2 database, sqldeveloper, JDeveloper 9i with ATG.H RUP 4 OAF extensions running on a Thinkpad T42 with OpenSuse10.2.
                • 5. Re: Installation errors during E-Business Oracle Applications Apps R11i 11i
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Also my computer name is "laptop" and I give
                  domain name as ndatta.com so what should be my
                  etc/hosts look like.
                  192.168.0.103 laptop.ndatta.com
                  Should I remove and format hard drive then
                  instll Windows XO Pro with SP 2 and then VC++ 6.0
                  with SP6 and then cygwin etc
                  - Clean your previous failed installation
                  - Install all pre-req. software
                  - Start a new installation of Apps11i
                  • 6. Re: Installation errors during E-Business Oracle Applications Apps R11i 11i
                    Thanks Hsawwan,
                    I will clean install everything. I think I have CD for Visual Studio previous verison where it will install VC++ 6.0 and I can download SP6 from web site.

Also one thing I want to confirm is about hosts file.

should it only have
                    and the previous entry or any other entry of 127.0.0.1 etc should be removed at all

Another thing is when I put DNS prefix in Network connections should I put domain name in all three coneections like Wireless, Lan and 1394 bcause at home I connect laptop sometimes by LAN also and wifi mostly.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. I will keep checking for you messages and meanwhile start formatting and installing windows etc in the evening.
                    • 7. Re: Installation errors during E-Business Oracle Applications Apps R11i 11i
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      Keep the entry of mapping 127.0.0.1 to localhost, you do not have to remove it.

Just confirm that you can ping hostname.domainname from the command prompt after modifying your hosts file:

C:\> ping laptop.ndatta.com

To set 'DNS prefix', right click on My Computer > Properties > Computer Name > Change > More > Set 'Primary DNS suffix on this computer' to your <domainname> (i.e. ndatta.com)
                      • 8. Re: Installation errors during E-Business Oracle Applications Apps R11i 11i
                        OK I will keep the original 127.0.0.1 localhost entry.
                        As my laptop is currently under windows XP Pro installation I was trying to find VC++ 6.0 but there is no place to download it. I don't have metalink username. How did people install it and from where. Is it VC++ 6.0 I should be searching or the new VC++ 2005 express edition will work for 11i
                        I have seen Dhir's forum and naveed's forum where they have provided the link which goes to VC++ 2005 express edition.
                        And third is if I keep my host file as
                        127.0.0.1 localhost

will I be able to access Oracle apps without being connected to internet also. I need that to work without connected to internet. Of cource if I am succesfull :)
                        But this time I am under your guidance and really hopeful to do it step by step.
                        Thanks.
                        • 9. Re: Installation errors during E-Business Oracle Applications Apps R11i 11i
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          Google "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.iso" (including the double quotes) and you shall find a link to download it.
                          will I be able to access Oracle apps without being connected to internet also
                          Yes, just make sure you have MS Loopback adapter installed and use "192.168.0.103" as the IP Address of this adapter.

"How to install the Microsoft Loopback adapter in Windows XP"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839013
                          • 10. Re: Installation errors during E-Business Oracle Applications Apps R11i 11i
                            Hi mdtaylor,

I think I had the same issue, can you look into the log and tell me if i have the same issue and i need to do something to the etc \hosts file

Can you also elaborate on the suggestion you made

I have in my hosts file

127.0.0.1 localhost
                            192.168.1.101 ashrrr ashrrr.com

is that good or need any changes

Also my computername is ashrrr.ashrrr

appreciate your help

Ash

The command completed successfully
                            addlnctl.cmd exiting with status 0

Starting the Listener - cmd /c F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\appsutil\scripts\VIS_ashrrr\addlnctl.cmd start VIS
                            ECHO is off.
                            ECHO is off.
                            Wed 04/11/2007 04:12 AM
                            ECHO is off.
                            ECHO is off.
                            Wed 04/11/2007 04:12 AM
                            VIS_ashrrr.cmd exiting with status 0
                            ECHO is off.
                            The environment settings are as follows ...
                            ECHO is off.
                            ORACLE_HOME : F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0
                            LOCAL : VIS
                            ORACLE_SID :
                            PATH : F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\perl\5.8.3\bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\;F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\bin;F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\appsutil\jre\bin;F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\appsutil\jre\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\cygwin\bin;C:\MSVC\VC\bin
                            LD_LIBRARY_PATH : F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\lib
                            ECHO is off.
                            ECHO is off.
                            The log information will be written to
                            "F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\appsutil\log\VIS_ashrrr\addlnctl.txt"
                            ECHO is off.
                            ECHO is off.
                            Starting listener process VIS ...
                            ECHO is off.

LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on 11-APR-2007 04:12:42

Copyright (c) 1991, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

32-bit Windows Error: 2: No such file or directory
                            Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=ashrrr.com)(Port=1521))
                            32-bit Windows Error: 61: Unknown error

LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on 11-APR-2007 04:12:44

Copyright (c) 1991, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Starting tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production
                            System parameter file is F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\network\admin\VIS_ashrrr\listener.ora
                            Log messages written to F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0/network/admin\vis.log
                            Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROCVISipc)))
                            Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=ashrrr.ashrrr)(PORT=1521)))

STATUS of the LISTENER
                            ------------------------
                            Alias VIS
                            Version TNSLSNR for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production
                            Start Date 11-APR-2007 04:12:47
                            Uptime 0 days 0 hr. 0 min. 2 sec
                            Trace Level off
                            Security ON: Local OS Authentication
                            SNMP OFF
                            Listener Parameter File F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0\network\admin\VIS_ashrrr\listener.ora
                            Listener Log File F:\oracle\VIS\db\tech_st\10.2.0/network/admin\vis.log
                            Listening Endpoints Summary...
                            (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROCVISipc)))
                            (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=ashrrr.ashrrr)(PORT=1521)))
                            Services Summary...
                            Service "PLSExtProc" has 1 instance(s).
                            Instance "PLSExtProc", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
                            Service "VIS" has 1 instance(s).
                            Instance "VIS", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
                            The command completed successfully
                            addlnctl.cmd exiting with status 0
                            • 11. Re: Installation errors during E-Business Oracle Applications Apps R11i 11i
                              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                              192.168.1.101 ashrrr ashrrr.com
                              Change the above to:

192.168.1.101 ashrrr.ashrrr.com

Change 'Computer Name' to 'ashrrr'
                              Make sure that the 'Domain' is set to 'ashrrr.com'

To verify, from the command prompt:

C:\> ping ashrrr.ashrrr.com
                              • 12. Re: Installation errors during E-Business Oracle Applications Apps R11i 11i
                                I have tried searching for vc++ 6.0 but now it is only available at torrents. I downloaded few torrents but they are downloading really slow. I am wonderring how so many people just recently in last 3-4 months like Dhir and naveed have installed it. they have mentioned if you install vc++ 6 then install sp6 also that means it works with vc++2005 express. Anybody have one it recently please post your experience about from where to install vc++ .0

Also Hsawwan one more thing . Apart from CYGWIN and VC++ and now I did loopback also. Is there any other software pre requisite like Java or JDK or any thing before I start installation. I read somewhere people have mentioned jdk 1.5 or something. But in the detailed steps given by some people there is no mention of these things.
                                I was wondering how you are answering at so many forums at the same time. Hats off to you.
                                • 13. Re: Installation errors during E-Business Oracle Applications Apps R11i 11i
                                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                  You need to install Visual C++ 6.0, just use Google as mentioned above, link # 9

No JDK installation is required.

Thanks for your nice words :)
                                  • 14. Re: Installation errors during E-Business Oracle Applications Apps R11i 11i
                                    Ok I will wait for this torrent to download me vc++ 6 may be in 10-12 hours till tomorrow morning.
                                    Also when I try to setup ip Address of Loopback as 192.168.0.103 which is same as my wireless connection and subnet mask as 255.255.255.0 it says this is already in use please use a different one. If I plug in the Eth cable I see some ip address of this loopback adapter.
                                    Should I use that address in tcp/ip Propertis of this loopback and then use that in hosts file also
                                    or
                                    should I just unplug the eth cable and what ever is my wifi ip address I give to this loopback and use in hosts file.
                                    It seems my installation wont start until tomorrow night when I get this vc++ 6
                                    1 2 3 Previous Next