6 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2010 10:31 PM by 774565

Problems with upload SQL script

Hello

I am trying to upload a script from packaged applications on the Oracle web-site. This application in particular is the Software Projects. When running the Upload SQL script command for the file called sw_projects_installer_0.93.sql I recieve the following error:

1 error has occurred

* The script exceeds the maximum size allowed.

I am using Apex 3.0 in a windows environment any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Kyle
        • 1. Re: Problems with upload SQL script
          Kyle - Login as the Service Administrator (...pls/apex/apex_admin) and navigate to Home>Manage Service>Feature Configuration where you'll see a setting for "SQL Scripts Maximum Script Size in bytes".

Scott
          • 2. Re: Problems with upload SQL script
            Hi Scott

Thanks for the response and sorry for the delay getting back to you. Just to let you know, I am a newbie to this environment. I made an assumption that when you said Service Administrator you meant System administrator?

I guess I basically do not understand how to log in as that role. I can certainly follow your breadcrumbs to get to the right area and make the change, it's just the logging in as that role that I am confused.

Thanks for helping me out.

Kyle
            • 3. Re: Problems with upload SQL script
              Kyle -

Service Administrator/Site Administrator/Application Express Administrator -- all the same thing. Not the same as System Administrator though. Whoever is responsible for installing Application Express in the database you're using has the username and password to be able to do this. That person would have created the workspace you use as a developer, the workspace you login to when you want to upload the scripts you mentioned.

Scott
              • 4. Re: Problems with upload SQL script
                I'm having the same problem. I just installed Oracle Express on Windows XP and can't seem to find anyway to get to system configurations where I can change "SQL Scripts Maximum Script Size in bytes". I am trying to create a database using scripts sent to us.
                • 5. Re: Problems with upload SQL script
                  Hello Scott,

I navigated to Home>Manage Service>Feature Configuration but I was unable to see a setting for "SQL Scripts Maximum Script Size in bytes".

If you have a chance, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Sam
                  • 6. Re: Problems with upload SQL script
                    Apparently another component that allows you to create workspaces has to be installed in order to change the maximum script size from the default setting.