7 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2007 4:14 PM by John Edward Scott

European APEX Training

John Edward Scott
      Just a quick note that Apex Evangelists have now announced the details for the European APEX Training Days.

More details are available here -

http://apex-evangelists.com

Here's a direct link for the training page -

http://eurotraining.apex-evangelists.com
        • 1. Re: European APEX Training
          Keith Jamieson
          Training on Apex is definitely needed. I'd be more interested in a practical course where I could learn different coding techniques and tricks of the trade, and best practices.

Your target audience are mostly going to be Oracle developers familiar with SQL and PL/SQL but not familiar with HTML and JavaScript.

Typical things I'm finding difficult are:
          How can I reference a javascript variable in my SQL statement?
          How do assign a javascript variable to a page_item?
          How do a read values from a URL and autosubmit the page using values from the URL?

Basically for me, A training course would need to have more of a developer bias, and a practical course would be essential.
          • 2. Re: European APEX Training
            John Edward Scott
            Hi Keith,

Thanks for the feedback.

We could have come up with 100 different topics and still not managed to satisfy everyone's needs, those topics are still subject to change and infact we've already had quite a few requests for additions/changes, so we're very much able to hone the eventual list of topics so that they satisfy the vast majority of attendees.

Depending where you are located, we also provide on-site training which can be customised to your exact requirements, feel free to drop us a mail etc if you want to discuss furthur (details on the site).

Thanks,

John.
            • 3. Re: European APEX Training
              Dimitri Gielis
              Hi Keith,

Thanks for your feedback.

In addition to John, I also would like to mention that during the 3 days we'll do a lot of demo's (you'll see what we say) and there'll be time for Q&A.

If you were on Collab07, on the APEX SIG roundtable (technical Q&A), you may have seen that I took my laptop and answered a question by showing/developing something real-time.

During the evenings of our European APEX Training days, I'm also happy to help you with your problems on your laptop. We at AE are very hands-on ;-)

Thanks,
              Dimitri
              • 4. Re: European APEX Training
                Keith Jamieson
                Dimiti and John,
                Thanks for both your reponses . Believe me if I could afford to employ you guys or attend your training course,I would, but in reality for us, APEX is just replacing Oracle Reports and its very much part time for me,as I am the sole Oracle Developer/DBA in the company.

I'm still waiting for Scott's book to be published,as I believe there'll be a lot of good stuff in it.

Keith
                • 5. Re: European APEX Training
                  John Edward Scott
                  I'm still waiting for Scott's book to be published,as I believe there'll be a lot of good stuff in it.
                  Errr.....you mean mine right? ;) Scott is contributing a chapter to it.

Yep..I'm biased obviously but I think there's lots of good stuff in there too ;)
                  • 6. Re: European APEX Training
                    Keith Jamieson
                    Oh! er ummm. I thought it was Scott that was writing a book. Apologies then.
                    Any sign of a date when this book is going to be published.
                    • 7. Re: European APEX Training
                      John Edward Scott
                      Hi,

No problem, you're not the first to have made that mistake ;)

As for the publication date, that's not something I'm involved in really, I just send them the chapters etc and the publishers do all the arrangements for publication etc, it is available for pre-order on Amazon, but as for an actual shipping date I can't give an exact one yet but it shouldn't be too much longer.