11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2008 3:10 PM by Steve_Macleod

BPEL asynchronous

Can i instance a asynchronous BPEL from HTMLDB ? i need human task, somebody helpme

Thanks
        • 1. Re: BPEL asynchronous
          Dimitri Gielis
          Hi Galva,

Interesting question! (I'll include this in the weekly forum wrap-up)

Which version of APEX are you running? I believe there're some issues with APEX 2.2, but for APEX 3.0 I didn't hear any negative feedback yet.

Can you call your BPEL process from an url or PLSQL? Then you should be able to let them talk to each other.

Hope that helps,
          Dimitri
          • 2. Re: BPEL asynchronous
            Hi Dimitri i am running APEX 3.0 and i cant... do you have idea why ?? i create synchronous and work great.
            Do you know how call the BPEL worklist on APEX , is this possible ?

In the news of APEX 3.0 , write literal linked with synchronous BPEL.

Thanks for your attention

Galva
            • 3. Re: BPEL asynchronous
              Jstraub-Oracle
              There are a couple of ways to get Application Express to interact with an asynchronous BPEL process:

1) You can create a new BPEL synchronous process that simply calls the asynchronous process, which would allow Application Express to launch an asynchronous BPEL process.

2) You can use the new Manual Web references feature which is described in the following places:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B32472_01/doc/appdev.300/b32471/advnc.htm#BABCBBHJ

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B32472_01/doc/appdev.300/b32469/web_serv.htm#CHDEFEGH
              • 4. Re: BPEL asynchronous
                Thanks for your answerd i will try this examples.... And the Worklist how i can show in APEX ? or only i can show in the Worklist (BPM)

Thank you for your time....

Galva
                • 5. Re: BPEL asynchronous
                  Jstraub-Oracle
                  Galva:

The only documented way I could find for accessing worklists in BPEL is through a Java API. It is possible you could write a Java class in JDeveloper that interacts with this API and returns a list, for example. You could then publish that class as a Web service (SOAP 1.1 spec, document/literal type) and use APEX to consume that service.

Another way would be to access the tables directly that contain the worklist information and write a report on it. I don't know if this is documented though.

Regards,

Jason
                  • 6. Re: BPEL asynchronous
                    Thanks jstraub , i will try first with the database tip, i saw the tables and looks good. This tables has the parameters that the BPEL receive ? what table use and how saves ?

Thanks for your post, are very helpfull

Galva
                    • 7. Re: BPEL asynchronous
                      Jstraub-Oracle
                      Galva:

I could not find those tables and their descriptions documented. You may wish to ask on the BPEL forum.

Thanks,

Jason
                      • 8. Re: BPEL asynchronous
                        Thanks

I try to create the web services using that guide : http://technology.amis.nl/blog/?p=1496

but i have a problem with this Interface IWorkflowContext

Some body know another example or something like that

Thank you for you attention

Galva
                        • 9. Re: BPEL asynchronous
                          Adamc-Oracle
                          Hi ... I'm working with BPEL using queues and pl/sql procedures (if that helps)
                          • 10. Re: BPEL asynchronous
                            AdamC thanks for your answerd, i want to work with the worklist is that posible with pl/sql ??? how i can do that

Thanks

Galva
                            • 11. Re: BPEL asynchronous
                              Steve_Macleod
                              Hi,
                              Just wondering if anyone got anywhere with this, perhaps a pointer in how to configure the manual web service reference to a BPEL async process?

many thanks