7 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2007 9:07 AM by 573582 RSS

Assign a Table to a Lifecycle.

Hi!

I'm trying to assign a table to ILM. The problem is that i can´t see the table in the ILM assistant. First i try to give privileges to the user ILM_TOOLKIT but it didn't work. Then i execute "grant all on myTable to public;" in the SQL*PLUS but the problem persists. Can somebody help me?

Best Regards.

Óscar.
        • 1. Re: Assign a Table to a Lifecycle.
          Hi Óscar,

Are you using the newest version of ILMA? If so, you may need to refresh the table list on the Lifecycle Tables page. This is a new entity that allows ILM Assistant to handle very large application environments. The table list is a filter that links the Lifecycle Table report within ILMA with the actual list of tables in DBA_TABLES.

Let me know if you still have problems seeing your tables.

Thanks,

Greg
          • 2. Re: Assign a Table to a Lifecycle.
            Hi Greg.

I´m using the newest version of ILM. I made the refresh and the table still doesn't appear. However i discovered that my table is a ineligible table because it is index-organized.

I will create a new table and test it.
            I have two doubts:
            - Which user must have privileges to manage the table in the ILM? ILM_TOOLKIT?
            - What is a DBA_TABLE? (I think that is the reason that i can't see my table now).

Best Regards.

Óscar.
            • 3. Re: Assign a Table to a Lifecycle.
              Hi,

We are still working on the correct security model for an ILM environment. For the time being, you must have enough privileges to read the catalog tables.

DBA_TABLES is a system view that exposes all of the tables in a database. It is an Oracle-owned table that we use to fetch table information.

Hope this helps!

Greg
              • 4. Re: Assign a Table to a Lifecycle.
                Hi!

I continue with problems to see my table in ILMA. I connect to the database with DBA privileges, i execute "select * from DBA_TABLES order by table_name" and i found my table. I made a refresh in ILMA but the table that i need doesn't apear. Can you give me more tips? I have been working in ILMA as admin... that's the best way to work with ILMA or should i create and use another login?

Best Regards.

Óscar.
                • 5. Re: Assign a Table to a Lifecycle.
                  Hello!

I already resolve the problem... i don't know exactly how but it is resolved!!! I decided to create a table under a user that has some tables in ILMA. I connect to database with that user and i execute the command "create table newTable as select * from otherUser.originalTable". Then i enter in ILMA, i made a refresh and the two tables appear, the original and the new table. I don't know exactly what step resolve the problem but it's done. Thanks for the support.

Best Regards

Óscar.
                  • 6. Re: Assign a Table to a Lifecycle.
                    Hi Óscar,

Your resolution brings to mind a possible explanation. We intentionally filter out any tables that are owned by users considered to be Oracle-system users. For example, we won't permit any management of tables owned by SYS, SYSTEM, etc.

Is your sample table owned by one of the special Oracle schemas?

Greg
                    • 7. Re: Assign a Table to a Lifecycle.
                      Hi Greg

My table is owned by a user that i created for this purpose, but I gave him the DBA role and SYSDBA system privileges (I did that while I was trying to resolve other problem... I think it isn't necessary).

The copy that I made is owned by a "Repository Owner". This user was created using "Repository Assistant" of Oracle Warehouse Builder and I didn't made any changes in his privileges.

Now I can see the two tables... I already drop the copy and I'm working with the original.

Best Regards.

Óscar.