This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2009 8:53 AM by Jean Coupal RSS

TCA MIgration

580169 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
What is the impact on Suppliers, Customers, Employees and Banks as a result of the changes in TCA from 11i to 12?
  • 1. Re: TCA MIgration
    Nadia_Bendjedou Newbie
    Hi Patrick,
    I am not an expert on this, but will dig into it.
    Will be back soon.

Regards,
    Nadia
  • 2. Re: TCA MIgration
    mdtaylor Oracle ACE
    Anyone notice in Solaris Vision R12 rapid install, you cannot query any customers as operations user in the new Framework Customers (Standard or plan Customers menu) from both Order Management Super User, Vision Operations (USA) and Receivables, Vision Operations (USA) responsibilities? It appears the TCA migration on Solaris Vision was not successful. On Linux R12 upgraded and Vision fresh install instances this works fine.
  • 3. Re: TCA MIgration
    Steven Chan (Oracle Development) Employee ACE
    Michael,

This one's worth looking into more deeply. Can you log a Service Request via Metalink and send me the SR number?

Regards,
    Steven
    Steven Chan
    Director, Applications Technology Integration
    Oracle E-Business Suite Development
    E-Business Techstack Blog: http://blogs.oracle.com/schan
  • 4. Re: TCA MIgration
    mdtaylor Oracle ACE
    Hi Steven,

Thanks for the reply. I have created SR 6324796.994 UNABLE TO QUERY CUSTOMERS IN R12 VISION for this issue.

Regards,
    -Michael
  • 5. Re: TCA MIgration
    Nadia_Bendjedou Newbie
    Hi Patrick,
    I talked to few people internally and I realized that this subject is discussed in each product TOIs and documentation. Unfortunately, there is no one single TOI/Doc that discusses the impact of functional architecture changes in R12.

For example, the Financials discuss this, eg. Payments, Cash Management, Payables etc, all have sections which cover some of the topics you are interested in.

If you don't find the exact information you need, I suggest you contact your Oracle Sales rep to setup a meeting with one of the consultant to go through the details. If not satisfied, let me know and I can introduce you to one of our experts in this area.

Regards,
    Nadia Bendjedou
  • 6. Re: TCA MIgration
    580169 Newbie
    I should have been a little more specific. My question is on the changes to TCA such as the move from older tables like PO_VENDORS to newer tables like AP_SUPPLIERS under the R12 TCA data model.

The other area of interest would be the change in the technical stack from Open Interface tables and API's to SOA Business Services.
  • 7. Re: TCA MIgration
    Steven Chan (Oracle Development) Employee ACE
    Thanks for the SR number, Michael. I see that it's being worked right now. Let me know if this gets stuck for some reason and I'll give it a nudge.

Regards,
    Steven
  • 8. Re: TCA MIgration
    Nadia_Bendjedou Newbie
    Hi Patrick,
    Please send me an email (Nadia.Bendjedou@oracle.com) and I will get a TCA expert speak with you.

Regards,
    Nadia
  • 9. Re: TCA MIgration
    581476 Newbie
    Patrick, Oracle has delivered at new application, Oracle Payments, where banks have been elevated to the TCA level - tables now are under the IBY schema. Suppliers have been elevated to the TCA, but supplier sites remain in the original schemas, i.e. PO Purchasing. Hope this helps

Regards,
    Chuck Kennedy
    Solution Beacon Release 12 Solution Architect
  • 10. Re: TCA MIgration
    Nadia_Bendjedou Newbie
    Patrick,
    One of my friends and colleague (David) will give you a call.
    David is a TCA expert.

Regards,
    Nadia
  • 11. Re: TCA MIgration
    580169 Newbie
    Nadia,

Thanks in advance. I also opened an SR with Oracle Support to find out if any of the TCA forms or processes in 12 that help to manage party data within the HZ tables would be back ported to help with the migration.

The initial response was no, they will not be back ported to 11i. This is unfortunate as it would have made the migration from 11i to 12 a little easier.
  • 12. Re: TCA MIgration
    Nadia_Bendjedou Newbie
    Make sure you tell David about this SR as well.
    Good luck.

Nadia
  • 13. Re: TCA MIgration
    mdtaylor Oracle ACE
    The resolution for querying customers in R12 Vision on Solaris was to Submit the DQM Staging Program as Customers Online Superuser and select the STAGE_ALL_DATA staging command option.
  • 14. Re: TCA MIgration
    379592 Newbie
    Hi

Does any one of any interface table or api to load banks, bank branches and supplier bank account information to Release 12.

In R12 vision, bank information is present in CE tables, HZ tables and AP tables (not used), but I am not able to find any api or interface table to load bank, bank accounts and the relationship with suppliers.

Also, please let me know if CE is the master schema for banks or is it IBY?

any tips would help..
1 2 Previous Next