4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2007 7:32 PM by 556961

Question: HTTPURITYPE instead of XDBURITYPE

Hallo,
      i have written a small php script that inserts triple. i have looked at the mdsys.rdf_value$ table and I found that the new triple has XDBURITYPE and not the HTTPURITYPE.

For example:
      New triple
      XDBURITYPE('www.example.org/family/John1', NULL)
      Old triple:
      HTTPURITYPE('www.example.org/family/John')

Is there any way to change the type?
      Where can I find more info about the *URITYPE's?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
        • 1. Re: Question: HTTPURITYPE instead of XDBURITYPE
          Mannamal-Oracle
          You should not be directly loading into the RDF_VALUE$ table. You should be using either SQL INSERT statements, or the Java API for batch loading (or incremental loading).

The application does not have to concern itself with the type used internally. RDF_VALUE$ table is an internal storage table.

URITypes are documented at: Oracle® Database PL/SQL Packages and Types Reference 10g Release 2 (10.2), Part Number B14258-01.

URIType is a supertype of both XDBURITYPE and HTTPURITYPE.

Melli
          • 2. Re: Question: HTTPURITYPE instead of XDBURITYPE
            i'm not loading directly into the RDF_VALUE$, I'm using the following Insert-statement (as the example in the docu):

//Insert triple     
            $insert_query = "INSERT INTO ONTOWIKI.FAMILY_RDF_DATA VALUES (".$newId.", SDO_RDF_TRIPLE_S('".$_modelname."','".$subj."','".$pred."','".$obj."'))";
            • 3. Re: Question: HTTPURITYPE instead of XDBURITYPE
              Mannamal-Oracle
              Good. I am not sure then why you are concerned with XDBURITYPE and HTTPURITYPE. That should be transparent to the application. You don't have to worry about what type is used internally for storage (in RDF_VALUE$ or any other internal table).

If this does not answer your question perhaps you can explain what you mean by you mean by 'old triple' and 'new triple', so that I can understand the issue better. Do you mean before insertion and after insertion?

Melli
              • 4. Re: Question: HTTPURITYPE instead of XDBURITYPE
                That should be transparent to the application. You don't have to worry about what type is used
                internally for storage (in RDF_VALUE$ or any other internal table)
                that is enough :) thanks again...