They must have extended the original period. The first announcement was for a cutoff on the 15th of June (via direct email), the certify link on education.oracle.com now says 30 Jun 07. ( http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=41&p_exam_id=1Z0_048 ) It may be that the dates have slipped, but I hope to get the results mid September
I gave the exam today , right at the day when it expired 30-Jun-07 :-) .
Yes it has 181 questions to be completed in 3.5 hours . I found the exam to be too lengthy and failed to concentrate on all the questions in the end . It had too many exibhit questions but the exam was over all easy .
Not sure what happens with my result but I think when the main paper gets released they would surely make the it have less questions . Hope for the best
The history behind these exams is this:
1. Oracle started 11i OCP Apps DBA with 3 exams and these originally are Sys Adm, work flow and Install/Patch/Maintain and offered those three in beta.
2. Many have raised questions regarding the relevance of Sys Adm and Work Flow for Apps DBA Certification.
3. Oracle changed those two exams and replaced them with 2 DBA exams and also said that 9i/10g OCP DBAs have to complete just one exam to achive the 11i OCP Apps DBA certification.
4. Oracle also announced that for those who have written Work Flow and Sys Admin exams they will come up with some title...and Oracle Expert is born.
5. Now as I understand it, it only means subject matter expert (with emphasis on matter) and there is no indication of practical aspect to it. It is another paper title with a scope of helping people walk the path to OCM.
I don't think it is offered any longer. I just tried to register for it and it no longer appears in the list of available exams. All the beta exams with their expiration dates can be found at http://www.oracle.com/global/us/education/certification/beta_info.html.
I have taken the 1z1-046 Linux exam. It was 138 questions in 3 hours. A lot about memory models for x86-32bit, hugemem, hugepages, etc. Some questions were a bit tricky. I am looking forward to getting the results.
See my previous post above. This exam is no longer offered as a beta. There's usually a delay between the end of the beta and the start of the "regular" exam while they use the beta results to determine what questions will be included in the exam. I'll bet that this exam will be available in late September or October sometime, but no confirmation on that.