1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 8, 2007 10:47 AM by 512413

EBS-Interconnect Integration problem - Need Urgent Help

Hi,

I am facing problem while trying to connect Oracle Interconnect with Oracle ESB using BEPL Plug-in feature.

I was actually going though one document on ESB-Interconnect integration and follow all the steps. It did create an entry to ESB console but not able to import Interconnect's BPEL Plug-in Application to ESB console (What I was expecting to get after completing ESB-Interconnect integration).

All step that I have covered are given below. Can someone help me ASAP. This is kind of a show stopper issue for me.

For more information you can email at kaushik.ghosh@alcoa.com or call me at +1 412 296 2094.

Bunch of thanks in adance.

Note - I am not able to print OUTPUT section in this post, So anyone need that I can send in different Email.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1. Open Command Prompt
      CD to the folder where admin_client.jar is located

2. Deploy "IcAdapter"
      java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties -jar admin_client.jar deployer:oc4j:opmn://localhost:6004/home oc4jadmin welcome1 -deploy -file c:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1\integration\esb\lib\icAdapter.rar -deploymentName ICAdapter

3. Deploy "icwsilplugin"
      with log:
      java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties -jar admin_client.jar deployer:oc4j:opmn://localhost:6004/home oc4jadmin welcome1 -deploy -file c:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1\integration\esb\lib\icwsilplugin.ear -deploymentName icwsilplugin -parent default

4. Bind "icwsilplugin"
      java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties -jar admin_client.jar deployer:oc4j:opmn://localhost:6004/home oc4jadmin welcome1 -bindWebApp -appName icwsilplugin -webModuleName icwsilplugin -webSiteName default-web-site -contextRoot /ic

5. Shutdown and restart the ESB server

6. Run the "regadapters.bat/sh script" from ORACLE_HOME\integration\esb\bin (for this case its c:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1\integration\esb\bin) directory.

7. Start Interconnect database and repository.

8. Change "oc4j-ra.xml" located in "<esb_home>\j2ee\home\application-deployments\default\IcAdapter (for this case - c:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1\j2ee\home\application-deployments\default\IcAdapter)" with following details:

****************************************************************************

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<oc4j-connector-factories xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.oracle.com/technology/oracleas/schema/oc4j-connector-factories-10_0.xsd" schema-major-version="10" schema-minor-version="0" >
           <imported-shared-libraries>
                <import-shared-library name="oracle.bpel.common"/>
                <import-shared-library name="oracle.xml"/>
           </imported-shared-libraries>
           <connector-factory location="eis/ICAdapter" connector-name="Interconnect Adapter">
                <config-property name="applicationName" value="BPELPM"/>
                <config-property name="driverClassName" value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
                <config-property name="connectionString" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@ASC-587CDFCE:1521:ORCL"/>
                <config-property name="userName" value="ichub"/>
                <config-property name="password" value="tcsalc0a"/>
                <config-property name="repoName" value="InterConnectRepository"/>
                <connection-pooling use="none"></connection-pooling>
                <security-config use="none"></security-config>
           </connector-factory>
      </oc4j-connector-factories>

****************************************************************************

9. Add <code-source path=”<IC_HOME>\integration\interconnect\lib\oai.jar"/> to the "Server.xml" file located in <ESB_HOME>\j2ee\home\config (for this case - c:\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1\j2ee\home\config)
      Given "<code-source path="C:\oracle\AS101202MID\integration\interconnect\lib\oai.jar"/>" in place of <code-source path="C:\oracle\mid\integration\interconnect\lib\oai.jar"/>

10. Restarted the ESB server to see desired output in ESB console.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      ===========
      OUPUT Details
      ===========

Expected Output:
      ================
      A tree structure look like as below -

- adapters
           applications
           - InterConnect
                - eis_ICAdapter_BPELPM
                     Implemented_Procedures
                     Invoked_Procedures
                     - Published_Events
                          Customer_AddCustomer
                     - Subscribed_Events
                          Customer_NewCustomer
           legacy

Output that I am getting:
      =========================

A tree structure look like as below -

- adapters
           applications
           InterConnect
           - legacy
                mvs08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
      --Kaushik
        • 1. Re: EBS-Interconnect Integration problem - Need Urgent Help
          A bit late this reply, but better late then never.

I've had the exact same problem using the BPEL plugin to connect ESB and Interconnect together.

The "solution" I used was retrying step 6 over and over again until the adapters were visible in ESB. Though not a full solution it worked for me back then.

In order to connect Interconnect and ESB together you could also consider an alternative method which is IMHO a better one.

Create an extra spoke in Interconnect which uses an AQ adapter. Create a DB schema with 1 or more queues to satisfy your needs. Then use the AQ adapter in ESB to connect to these 1 or more queues.

Using this AQ IC -- QUEUE - AQ ESB method you have a standard method that is fully supported by Oracle. This in contrast of using the BPEL / ESB interconnect plugin.

HTH
          Martin