6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2007 3:33 AM by 536993 RSS

What is XMLExporter Error #2501 ?

Hallo,

i'm trying to capture a 10 mb mdb file for Application Express.
      The Capture process for Migration Workbench succeeds, but running the Exporter for Application Express results in:

Error #2501 - XMLExporter - Method 'Run' for Object '_Application' failed

Thanks,
      Jochen
        • 1. Re: What is XMLExporter Error #2501 ?
          Hilary
          Hi Jochen,

If you are receiving error #2501, it would appear that there's an issue in opening a report in your MS Access database.

When you open the MS Access database to be exported, can you successfully view your report(s) or do you receive the #2501 error even then? If you receive this error when accessing the reports, I believe it's relating to the printer setup on the machine. The default printer on the machine you are using may be "imcompatible" with the format of your MS Access report. Try to select another printer on your network as the default, or even try re-installing the default printer. If this does not resolve your issue, then there is a possibilty that your application uses an autoexec module to launch an opening form. If this is the case, then I would recommend modifying the autoexec module to not open the form, & retry the export.

If you still experience issues, please let me know.

I hope this helps.
          Regards,
          Hilary
          • 2. Re: What is XMLExporter Error #2501 ?
            Hi Hilary,

When running the MS access db i can open all reports without issues.

In fact there is only 1 module in the application. One sub sends an alert dialog an then opens a form if there are dates in the near future.
            But when i clear the dates table so the "open form" doesn't fire the error still occurs.
            Are you from oracle ?

thanks,
            Jochen
            • 3. Re: What is XMLExporter Error #2501 ?
              Hilary
              Hi Jochen,

Yes I work in Oracle. I have received your MDB file & will carry out some tests to check if I can reproduce the error you are receiving. Could you please provide the following information about your environment:

* Operating System
              * Version of MS Access installed on local machine
              * Service Pack installed

Regards,
              Hilary
              • 4. Re: What is XMLExporter Error #2501 ?
                * Operating System -> Win XP Professional SP2
                * Version of MS Access installed on local machine -> Access 2002 SP3
                • 5. Re: What is XMLExporter Error #2501 ?
                  Hilary
                  Hi Jochen,

I've been in touch with Support, so hopefully they will forward you on my feedback on the MDB file supplied. I believe that by turning off the "Startup" form for the MDB file should resolve your reported error #2501. To turn off the "startup" form, go to Tools | Startup... and set Display Form/Page to (none).

I hope this helps.
                  Regards,
                  Hilary
                  • 6. Re: What is XMLExporter Error #2501 ?
                    Hi Hillary,

indeed this helped a lot. After changing this option, the export completed successfully.
                    Some MS/VB knowledge would not be too bad sometimes..

Thanks,
                    Jochen