2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2007 1:44 PM by 587536

707: Attempt to connect to a data store that has been manually unloaded ...

Hi!

I'm running TimesTen under Windows XP. The data source is created through "Administrative Tools" and works fine until ... my computer is rebooted. Once the machine reboots, I can not connect to the same data source any more, so I basically loose all the tables, and have to start from scratch.

Here's what I get once I "loose" my datasource:
      C:\>ttIsql -connStr "DSN=a_ttdb_0618"

ttIsql (c) 1996-2005, TimesTen, Inc. All rights reserved.
      Type ? or "help" for help, type "exit" to quit ttIsql.
      All commands must end with a semicolon character.

connect "DSN=a_ttdb_0618";
      707: Attempt to connect to a data store that has been manually unloaded from R
      AM
      The command failed.

exit;
      Done.
      This has been going on for quite some time now, and honestly - it is frustrating... SysAdmins weren't able to resolve this for me, so I was hoping maybe someone had come across a similar scenario or just had some ideas. Thanks a lot in advance!

Julia
        • 1. Re: 707: Attempt to connect to a data store that has been manually unloaded
          ChrisJenkins-Oracle
          Hi Julia,

This should be easy to resolve. A TimesTen datastore (physical database), which is what a DSN points at, has a property called its 'ramPolicy' The default value for this is inUse which means that TimesTen will load the datastore into memory whenever it is being used (i.e. something is connected to it) and will unload it from memory when there are no active connections. When a datastore is first created this is the policy that it has.

One can change the policy to other values by way of the ttAdmin command or the 'ttRamPolicySet()' built in procedure. One of the other values is 'manual'. This says that the datastoree will be loaded and unloaded from memory based on explicit command only and will not allow dynamic load/unload on demand. Something or someone has changed the policy for your datastore to 'manual'. TT never does this itself so something has explicitly told TT to do this....

You can 'startup' the datastore by issuing the following command from a Windows command prompt:

ttAdmin -ramload yourdatasourcename

alternativelty, you can change the ramPolicy value back to 'inUse' as follows:

ttAdmin -ramPolicy inUse yourdatastourcename

Regards,

Chris
          • 2. Re: 707: Attempt to connect to a data store that has been manually unloaded
            Chris, I don't know how to thank you enough!