5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2007 4:37 PM by 588286

Shopping carts that can communicate with iProcurement?

One of our largest customers is set to move over to iProcurement fairly soon. We would like to accommodate them with a shopping cart of our products that will communicate with their system. We have iProcurement development documentation but currently our company does not have the resources to develop a custom system so I was hoping that there is a out of the box solution out there that we can install on our web site? Does anyone know of such a program whether it be from Oracle or a third party?

I would personally prefer a mySQL system probably written in PHP so we could customize it in house and be able to import our existing database, but at this point anything will do. Our web servers are linux based but if windows is required we can manage that. Thank you in advance for any help in this matter, I've searched all over the place and can't seem to find anything.
        • 1. Re: Shopping carts that can communicate with iProcurement?
          NitinSDarji
          Take a look at oracle Exchange(https://exchange.oracle.com). It might be helpful.

Regards,
          Nitin Darji
          • 2. Re: Shopping carts that can communicate with iProcurement?
            Thank you for your reply, its appreciated.

All that is on this site is a signon form, I can't seem to find any information as to what I am logging in to. Is the registration there open to everyone? I am new to Oracle so please excuse me if this is a dumb question.
            • 3. Re: Shopping carts that can communicate with iProcurement?
              NitinSDarji
              I think your customer will have to register there first(customers with iProcurement license can register) and then send you an invitation. So far, from what I read, I think Oracle Exchange acts as a hub between buyer and supplier, but I am not sure how much it helps in eliminating development effort on your end. If you have access to metalink(this is also available to Oracle customers) notes 206646.1 and 215786.1 might be helpful in getting some direction. I will keep looking though.

Regards,
              Nitin
              • 4. Re: Shopping carts that can communicate with iProcurement?
                burkepm
                This is going to utilise punchout functionality.

The punch out functionality from iproc to oracle exchange is easier to implement than having to connect to a third party e-commerce site as the functionality is built into the application for easy integration to Oracle Exchange. I agree with the feedback that this would probably be the simplest method.
                • 5. Re: Shopping carts that can communicate with iProcurement?
                  Thank you both for the feedback.

I'm still a little confused. So Oracle exchange is actually going to be the gateway between our shopping cart and our customer's iProcurement system? That is starting to make more since since the documentation I got from our customer is based around exchange.oracle.com, at first I assumed this was only a sample URL.

But if this is the case I am still under the assumption that we have to program our own shopping cart to communicate with this system using cXML. This is a lot of work for our small company so I was hoping that there is a shopping cart out there somewhere that has all this built in so we don't have to do very much, if any, programming on our end.