1 2 3 Previous Next 44 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2012 8:25 AM by user12187987 Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: About TCA architecture
        hi,

1. Is there a way to tie the supplier in AP to a customer account in AR (using party relationship) from the Customer standard form in version 11.5.10.2?

I am informed that R12 has this feature but how can we accomplish this in earlier versions?

2. Party Relationships type POS Supplier-- doesnt show up in the standard Customer form. Can this be used to link the suppliers in AP with the customers (tenants) in AR ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
        Darshini
        • 31. Re: About TCA architecture
          In R12 Supplier information uses the TCA architecture as was used by Customer accounts till 11.5.10. Basically in R12, the underlying party for customer and supplier can be same i.e. "Business World" can be a customer as well as a Supplier but the party "Business World" remains same in both cases.

But till 11.5.10, the supplier infrastructure is different and no party is created for the vendors and hence it is not possible to create a party relationship to mirror what happens in R12.
          • 32. Re: About TCA architecture
            Thanks!

But if I want to keep track of the transactions of both Landlord(payments in AP) and tenant in AR (by establishing Landlord-tenant relationship in TCA ) how can it be done in 11.5.10. version? Basically recovering money from AP vendor into AR.

Any light on the approach that can be considered?

Regards,
            Darshini
            • 33. Re: About TCA architecture
              It appears this is possible in versions prior to r12, but not via the Customer Standard Form. My test database has rows in HZ_RELATIONSHIPS with

RELATIONSHIP_CODE='VENDOR_OF_PARTY'
              SUBJECT_TYPE='POS_VENDOR'
              SUBJECT_TABLE_NAME='PO_VENDORS'
              OBJECT_TYPLE='ORGANIZATION'
              OBJECT_TABLE_NAME='HZ_PARTIES'
              CREATED_BY_MODULE='POS'

I believe PO_VENDORS is the r11 suppliers table and HZ_PARTIES is where customer parties are stored. The CREATED_BY_MODULE of "POS" suggests the row was created via the iSupplier Portal. I'm not familiar with that product, but if you can find it in your installation then the screen you are looking for is probably there.

--
              Joe Fuda
              SQL Snippets
              • 34. Re: About TCA architecture
                Thanks Joe!

Is there any relation or link between AP suppliers invoice and AR customers invoice to tie up if there is any balance, in 11i ?
                There is a report 'Supplier Customer Netting balance report' in AR but I couldnt find any link between AP supplier invoice- AR customer invoice. Am I missing anything, is there any link?
                How can we link the Supplier to AR customer if we want to create a invoice for the supplier if he owes any balance?

I will really appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!
                • 35. Re: About TCA architecture
                  Sorry, don't know the answer to that one. You'd have to ask some AR or AP folks I think.

--
                  Joe Fuda
                  SQL Snippets
                  • 36. Re: About TCA architecture
                    Thanks Joe!
                    • 37. Re: About TCA architecture
                      Mike, UK
                      Hi,
                      Could anyone tell me if there's a reason why I shouldn't be able to create a FK against the FND_TERRITORIES table? We are adding a small number of bespoke tables to our Customer solution, and one of the columns, should be a FK to the TERRITORY_CODE column in FND_TERRITORIES, but I can't create the FK because there doesn't appear to be a PK in the FND_TERRITORIES table?

Thanks,

Mike
                      • 38. Re: About TCA architecture
                        Well, the TERRITORY_CODE on the FND_TERRITORIES was created with unique index. It was created with no primary key constraints.
                        • 39. Re: About TCA architecture
                          Mike, UK
                          Hi,
                          Thanks for the response. I can only see 'Check' Constraints on the APPLSYS version of FND_TERRITORIES, no unique or primary keys? I see the same with HZ_RELATIONSHIPS, whereas HZ_PARTIES does have a primary key? Why is this, I know there is some denormalisation in the TCA, but am surprised I can't reference these 2 tables?

Thanks,

Mike
                          • 40. Re: About TCA architecture
                            Hi,

The uniqueness in this table is maitained by unique index on the TERRITORY_CODE column. If you see this table creation script, you will see that, the check constraint created because of Not Null condition.

In fact, this table doesn't really come under TCA. It is AOL common component table that is referenced by other modules/applications. It starts with FND, owned by APPLSYS, not AR that owns TCA tables.

There are many variations in the table design inside Oracle e-Business. Without primary key on the parent table, you cannot create reference key on the child table. You may have to write some logic on the insert of child table to prevent wrong values.

BTW, what tables you are trying to reference? You said FND_TERRITORIES and a custom table. right?

Regards,
                            Ram
                            • 41. Re: About TCA architecture
                              Mike, UK
                              Hi Ram,
                              Thanks for that. Yes, I'm trying to reference the territory_code column in FND_TERRITORIES from a custom table in a bespoke schema. Without a PK this doesn't seem possible?

Thanks,

Mike
                              • 42. Re: About TCA architecture
                                I guess not.

1) You can drop the unique index and create primary key on FND_TERRITORIES. (which creates unique index). But this is not a recommended approach and Oracle doesn't support incase if anything else fails. If you can, raise SR with Oracle Support and get their recommendation.

2) Just write validation logic on insert on the custom table and check against FND_TERRITORIES values. This validation can be from the form/application that inserts rows into this custom table or database trigger on the custom table. This is simple to write and not a complicated one.
                                • 43. Re: About TCA architecture
                                  Hi Ram
                                  This is very good articles!
                                  Please can you help me with following?

I need to know which table stores Genaral Classification code.

Oracle Customers Online Superuser > Customers Tab > Enter customer’s account number > Click on customer’s name > Click on Classifications .
                                  Which shows Type = ABC_FINANCIAL_GRADE CODE = 3 etc.

Also I need to know table name for Account status

Receivables Manager > Customers > Customers > Click on Account [Details] > Account Profile Tab > Credit and Collection Section > Account Status LOV value which is PRO-FROMA.

Thanks and regards
                                  #
                                  VJ
                                  • 44. Re: About TCA architecture
                                    user12187987
                                    Fabulous explanation dear Ramakrishna.

Regds

Ashutosh(08447588978)
                                    1 2 3 Previous Next