5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2010 7:21 PM by 788687 RSS

XDMS - documentation

Hi,

i searched the documentation of OCMS for the XDMS feature.
      But there i found only:
      http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E10301_01/doc.1013/e10292/provisioning.htm#BCGGGDIJ

Is there any example, how to use it with an application (incl source code)?
      Is this information stored in TimesTen? Where can i find it?
        • 1. Re: XDMS - documentation
          Hi,

Can you tell us a little more what you want to do with the XDMS?

The XDMS in OCMS is configured out of the box to support the Presence server as a Presence XDMS. The XDMS stores documents in the filesystem on the server where the XDMS is deployed.

The way to use it from an application is to create well-formed XCAP-requests according to the XCAP RFC (4825). And out of the box you can modify documents for hard state, presence rules and buddy-lists.

Note that 10.1.3.3 doesn't support partial document manipulation.

/Christer Fahlgren
          • 2. Re: XDMS - documentation
            Hi,

i just want to figure out, what XDMS provides and if it can be used for service creation...

For presence i am wondering where the information is stored. Does it use the locationservice table in TimesTen to gather its information?

Is it supported to write other applications which use the XDMS or is it just for presence and upcoming features/releases of OCMS?
            • 3. Re: XDMS - documentation
              Hi,

For presence, the presence information is stored in-memory in the server. The locationservice table in TimesTen is used for the Proxy/Registrar.

Currently, the XDMS is primarily to support presence. In future releases we will make it available for any application usage.

If you need to try out a specific application usage you can contact me (christer.fahlgren@oracle.com) for instructions on how to provision a new application usage - this is currently not documented.

/Christer
              • 4. Re: XDMS - documentation
                Hi,

just to clarify: the presence is stored in the java memory and not in the memory of the TimesTen in-memory database?
                After a restart of the oc4j all the information is lost?
                Is this a good idea? Or in the case of presence this is ok?
                What about HA? How is the data distributed across several servers?
                • 5. Re: XDMS - documentation
                  Christer Fahlgren wrote:

Hi,

For presence, the presence information is stored in-memory in the server. The locationservice table in TimesTen is used for the Proxy/Registrar.

Currently, the XDMS is primarily to <font face="tahoma,verdana,sans-serif" size="1" color="#000">support</font> presence. In future releases we will make it available for any application usage.

If you need to try out a specific application usage you can contact me (christer.fahlgren@oracle.com) for instructions on how to provision a new application usage - this is currently not documented.

/Christer
                  It's very detailed, It is just the solution for my problem, Thanks for your analysis!