7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2008 5:14 PM by 277645

SQL Dev crashes with current release of XcbLib

Hello,

I'm having after update to actual version of SQL Dev the following crash after starting:

10:40 linux-r9cc:~ > sqldeveloper

Oracle SQL Developer
      Copyright (c) 2006, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Using oracle.home=/opt/sqldeveloper
      Using ide.user.dir=/home/alex/.sqldeveloper
      java: xcb_xlib.c:52: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock' failed.
      /opt/sqldeveloper/sqldeveloper/bin/../../ide/bin/launcher.sh: line 478: 6222 Abgebrochen ${JAVA} ${APP_VM_OPTS} ${APP_SCRIPT_USER_HOME} ${APP_ENV_VARS} -classpath ${APP_CLASSPATH} ${APP_MAIN_CLASS} ${APP_APP_OPTS}
      10:40 linux-r9cc:~ >

My OS is openSuSE 10.2 with the following java:

10:47 linux-r9cc:~ > java -version
      java version "1.5.0_12"
      Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_12-b04)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_12-b04, mixed mode)

and xorg-x11-libxcb 7.2-42.2, Xorg 7.2-137, Xlib 7.2-72.1 and kernel 2.6.16-08

Regards
      Alex

Message was edited by:
      a.nolting

It seems more to be problem with the current xorg, I've found out, that other application using java now not starting with the error. I'll start to go back to an earlier release.
        • 1. Re: SQL Dev crashes with current release of XcbLib
          SueHarper
          Please can you try a full install of 1.2.132.00. The Check for Update is not performing as expected.

Sue
          • 2. Re: SQL Dev crashes with current release of XcbLib
            Hello Sue,

downgraded Xorg now to initial Xorg 7.2 from openSuSE 10.2 and SQL Dev is now starting again. But it maybe help you to see this error message for track down what happens with the update feature:

15:24 linux-r9cc:~ > sqldeveloper

Oracle SQL Developer

Addin: Translator PlSql is trying to register a input type (.plsql) which conflicts with translator PlSql who already using this input type
            reloadBuffers(): 50 nodes checked in 3.36E-4 second(s)
            15:24 linux-r9cc:~ > sqldeveloper

Oracle SQL Developer

Installing updates...
            oracle.ideimpl.webupdate.task.TaskFailedException: Failed to create directory /opt/sqldeveloper/sqldeveloper/lib/oracle.ideimpl.webupdate.backup.
            at oracle.ideimpl.webupdate.task.CreateDirectory.perform(CreateDirectory.java:46)
            at oracle.ideimpl.webupdate.task.TaskStack.performTask(TaskStack.java:31)
            at oracle.ideimpl.webupdate.task.DeinstallExtensionTask.perform(DeinstallExtensionTask.java:99)
            at oracle.ideimpl.webupdate.task.TaskList.executeAll(TaskList.java:119)
            at oracle.ideimpl.webupdate.DeferredUpdater.install(DeferredUpdater.java:143)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
            at oracle.ide.boot.PCLMain.installUpdates(PCLMain.java:493)
            at oracle.ide.boot.PCLMain.checkForDeferredUpdates(PCLMain.java:454)
            at oracle.ide.boot.PCLMain.createExtensionManagerLoader(PCLMain.java:81)
            at oracle.ide.boot.PCLMain.main(PCLMain.java:36)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
            at oracle.classloader.util.MainClass.invoke(MainClass.java:89)
            at oracle.ide.boot.IdeLauncher.bootClassLoadersAndMain(IdeLauncher.java:218)
            at oracle.ide.boot.IdeLauncher.launchImpl(IdeLauncher.java:90)
            at oracle.ide.boot.IdeLauncher.launch(IdeLauncher.java:66)
            at oracle.ide.boot.IdeLauncher.main(IdeLauncher.java:55)
            at oracle.ide.boot.Launcher.invokeMain(Launcher.java:508)
            at oracle.ide.boot.Launcher.launchImpl(Launcher.java:106)
            at oracle.ide.boot.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:60)
            at oracle.ide.boot.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:49)
            Addin: Translator PlSql is trying to register a input type (.plsql) which conflicts with translator PlSql who already using this input type

I'll now install a complete fresh version of SQL Dev 1.2.1-3200.

Regards

Message was edited by:
            a.nolting

PS: Users Group has full writing right to all files and folder under /opt/sqldeveloper. But I will test it again with su.
            • 3. Re: SQL Dev crashes with current release of XcbLib
              Sorry, for the last reply, I have seen that I did not add rw to users for /opt. So ignore this please.
              Alex
              • 4. Re: SQL Dev crashes with current release of XcbLib
                so It's now a complete fresh install but the update problem exists already. Starting from Bash I see the following: first initial start with downloading the offered update to 1.2.1-3202, second start gives me the errrrrror message, that oracle.sqldeveloper.32.02.zip.1 could not be read. I assume that I have the appropriate right in my home dir ;)

15:35 linux-r9cc:~ > sqldeveloper

Oracle SQL Developer

reloadBuffers(): 50 nodes checked in 3.75E-4 second(s)
                15:35 linux-r9cc:~ > sqldeveloper

Oracle SQL Developer

Installing updates...
                oracle.ideimpl.webupdate.task.TaskFailedException: Unable to read /home/alex/.sqldeveloper/tmp/update/oracle.sqldeveloper.32.02.zip.1.
                at oracle.ideimpl.webupdate.task.UnzipTask.perform(UnzipTask.java:214)
                at oracle.ideimpl.webupdate.task.InstallExtensionTask.perform(InstallExtensionTask.java:55)
                at oracle.ideimpl.webupdate.task.TaskList.executeAll(TaskList.java:119)
                at oracle.ideimpl.webupdate.DeferredUpdater.install(DeferredUpdater.java:143)
                at oracle.ide.boot.PCLMain.installUpdates(PCLMain.java:493)
                at oracle.ide.boot.PCLMain.checkForDeferredUpdates(PCLMain.java:454)
                at oracle.ide.boot.PCLMain.createExtensionManagerLoader(PCLMain.java:81)
                at oracle.ide.boot.PCLMain.main(PCLMain.java:36)
                at oracle.classloader.util.MainClass.invoke(MainClass.java:89)
                at oracle.ide.boot.IdeLauncher.bootClassLoadersAndMain(IdeLauncher.java:218)
                at oracle.ide.boot.IdeLauncher.launchImpl(IdeLauncher.java:90)
                at oracle.ide.boot.IdeLauncher.launch(IdeLauncher.java:66)
                at oracle.ide.boot.IdeLauncher.main(IdeLauncher.java:55)
                at oracle.ide.boot.Launcher.invokeMain(Launcher.java:508)
                at oracle.ide.boot.Launcher.launchImpl(Launcher.java:106)
                at oracle.ide.boot.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:60)
                at oracle.ide.boot.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:49)
                reloadBuffers(): 50 nodes checked in 3.92E-4 second(s)
                reloadBuffers(): 50 nodes checked in 2.43E-4 second(s)

A test to unzip this file from command line shows me that:

15:41 linux-r9cc:~ > unzip /home/alex/.sqldeveloper/tmp/update/oracle.sqldeveloper.32.02.zip.1
                Archive: /home/alex/.sqldeveloper/tmp/update/oracle.sqldeveloper.32.02.zip.1
                warning [home/alex/.sqldeveloper/tmp/update/oracle.sqldeveloper.32.02.zip.1]: 9773 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
                (attempting to process anyway)
                error [home/alex/.sqldeveloper/tmp/update/oracle.sqldeveloper.32.02.zip.1]: start of central directory not found;
                zipfile corrupt.
                (please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the
                appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)

Alex
                • 5. Re: SQL Dev crashes with current release of XcbLib
                  SueHarper
                  Alex,

The oracle.sqldeveloper.32.02.zip file is corrupt. This has been replaced. If you download SQL Developer 1.2.1.32.00, you should be fine.

Sue
                  • 6. Re: SQL Dev crashes with current release of XcbLib
                    Again, updating to 3213 shows me no more errors.

Regards
                    Alex
                    • 7. Re: SQL Dev crashes with current release of XcbLib
                      Hi,

Try the following:

export LIBXCB_ALLOW_SLOPPY_LOCK=1

Now run sqldeveloper.

Eric.