1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2008 2:16 PM by 560941

AME in Purchasing

Hello
      I wanted to know is it possible to define the approval flow in the Purchasing using AME.

Actually we have a scenario when an PO notification is sent to an approver and if that approver is terminated or on a long vacation system should automatically sent back to the same buyer so that he can reassign to the new person or it should flow to the person who is replacing that buyer.

We are just thinking AME to do this. Please let me know whether is it possible using AME

Thanks for the time

Regards
      Ramesh Kumar S
        • 1. Re: AME in Purchasing
          Dear Ramesh,

Why can't u use vacation rule for this?

Regards
          Merlin Rajesh
          • 2. Re: AME in Purchasing
            Hi Rajesh
            Thanks for the response. Can you please share any metalink note or document for the Vacation rule Setup.

Please also advice me how we can able to handle the PO approval notice if the person is terminated and the PO is waiting in his queue for approval. We like to reassign the PO to the replacement person or send back to the same buyer who raised the PO

Please advice.. thanks in advance

Regards
            Ramesh Kumar S
            • 3. Re: AME in Purchasing
              Dear Ramesh,

Please go thru this metalink doc id 378023.1 for setting vacation rule.

Regarding your second query, you have to manually reassign the notification to the replacement person.

Regards
              Merlin Rajesh
              • 4. Re: AME in Purchasing
                Hello Rajesh

Thanks for the Note#

for the second question regarding reassigning the PO, how can we able to reassign without login using approver name. it is a big SOX auditing issue if we log into other persons id. is customization of the workflow is the only solution. please advice

Regards
                Ramesh Kumar S
                • 5. Re: AME in Purchasing
                  user464922
                  Hi,
                  For the second piece you can use the Forward Documents and Manage Buyer Workload function to reassign all the PO's in queue from one Buyer to another.

Nadi
                  • 6. Re: AME in Purchasing
                    yes we used the forward document option as of now...only thing which my user is looking for is they need an automated process

i'll update the forum if we come up with any work around

thanks

Regards
                    Ramesh Kumar S
                    • 7. AME in Purchasing
                      Hi All,

This is the first time I am into implementation team..We are implementing AME in iProc.. can anyone please help me out.. any setup docs any help.. please e-mail to gvikramsimha@gmail.com

Thanks,
                      Vikram
                      • 8. Re: AME in Purchasing
                        TimW
                        Hi Vikram

I am not an expert in iProc, but I have done a lot of work with AME, including giving training courses. I believe that there are problems with using AME in iProc. Basically, you can use AME for requisitions, but not for purchase orders. This certainly was the case until recently, but may have changed with R12.

The integration of procurement with AME is done at the level of document types. You set an approval type which links to your AME rule.

See doc 305395.1 in MetaLink for more details. (396216.1 for R12).

Regards

Tim
                        • 9. Re: AME in Purchasing
                          Yes I agree with Tim, Even i was thinking of AME for the Purchasing approval and latter i figured out that AME is available only for the Requisition

Regards
                          Ramesh Kumar S
                          • 10. Re: AME in Purchasing
                            Hi All,

I am trying to create a rule for i-procurement using AME. If an item is "IT", it needs to go thru the normal chain of hierarchy which is working fine.
                            Now we have a requirement to send it to 2 more people after approval from chain of hierarchy. For this I created a post approver group and added 2 people say Person A and Person B in the group.

SO for example. if item is "IT", the approval route should be
                            Person 1 -> Person 2 -> Person 3 -> Person A -> Person B. So Person B should always be the final one to approve.

Then I attached this to the rule by making it a combination rule.
                            It works until the point when Person B who is in the approval group is also in the chain of approvals, it goes thru the chain first and then goes to person A and stops there as Person B has already appeared in the chain.

Like this Person 1 -> Person 2 -> Person B -> Person A -> (Person B is skipped) as Person B already approved once. We want Person B to be final approver. We want it this way

Person 1 -> Person 2-> Person A -> Person B

I changed the variable repeatedapprovers but doesn't work the way we want.

Appreciate any ideas.

Thanks
                            • 11. Re: AME in Purchasing
                              Are you trying for Requisition approval or Purchasing approval..

As mentioned in the post, AME is not available to purchasing as of now
                              • 12. Re: AME in Purchasing
                                Its i_procurement.
                                • 13. Re: AME in Purchasing
                                  Requisition approvals
                                  • 14. Re: AME in Purchasing
                                    Hi,

I have a question in AME. My requirement is
                                    1. when the project_id is NULL, it should fetch the project_manager name else fetch the supervisor_name of the employee
                                    2. Fetch the job_level of the manager and decide the approval rules.
                                    How can i achieve this as this requires one condition dependant on other (as per my knowledge)?

2nd question, how do we specify NULL value in a condition?

Can someone please help me in achieving the above. I am new to AME and have hardly some knowledge about the same.

Your help will be really appreciated.

Please reply soon as this is urgent...

Thanks,
                                    Disha
                                    1 2 Previous Next