This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
For our information, in English that's:
ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate string bytes (string,string)
Cause: Operating system process private memory has been exhausted
yes, sorry ^^
but where could it be caused by?
ok, could be a Server Problem, nothing works now. Will phone to the Administrator...
There are many reasons for this:
1) the parallel max servers is too large, try reducing it
2) the total sga is exhausted.. try increaseing physical memory, then increasing SGA_MAX/SGA_TARGET combo
3) increase PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET
4) attempt working on pgamax_size - undocumented- but do it with oracle support only. increase this to 512mb/ 1gb etc. step by step/revert
back if theres' any issue
5) MOST LIKELY CAUSE: your code, is using BULK COLLECT .. FOR IN.. without LIMIT clause i..e loading all rows in memory -- which couuld fail for
table that is too large/ has grown large. Loop using smaller sets of rows instead. check pl.sql developers guide in oracle documentation.
Welcome to the forum..
Please dont dig 5 year old thread..It wont help anyone..