This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 4, 2007 1:22 PM by 596264 RSS

Error in ftp receiver monitor

595837 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Kind people, I'm getting this error with an InterConnect FTP adapter (the adapter is on one box, the directory it reads from on another box):

Transport logs:
[IPT_FileRecMonitorError] Error in ftp receiver monitor.
oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.TransportException: Unable to enter passive mode. rc = 425 425 Can't open passive connection: Too many open files.
at oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.basic.ftp.FTPAgent.getFileList(FTPAgent.java:259)
at oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.basic.FileSource.getFileList(FileSource.java:210)
at oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.basic.FileSourceMonitor.processMessages(FileSourceMonitor.java:399)
at oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.basic.FileSourceMonitor.run(FileSourceMonitor.java:185)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to enter passive mode. rc = 425 425 Can't open passive connection: Too many open files.
at oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.basic.ftp.FTPClient.establishDataConnection(FTPClient.java:206)
at oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.basic.ftp.FTPClient.listFiles(FTPClient.java:431)
at oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.basic.ftp.FTPAgent.getFileList(FTPAgent.java:253)

It seems to me (maybe) that what is happening is that InterConnect is not closing the FTP connections after it FTPs a file, and after a while there are too many connections open. If I bounce the adapter, it works fine again for a period of time. I also delete the log files, but don't know if that has any relationship to this. Is there some parameter in the adapter.ini file I can set, or do I need to see a Unix sys admin about this???

Thanks in advance for any insight you might be able to provide!
  • 1. Re: Error in ftp receiver monitor
    596264 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    This was addressed in a similar TAR: 4380173.994. Here is the solution I remember:

### Detailed Problem Statement: ###
    When FTP adapter has run for some time (1 or 2 days) it keeps on failing with
    error message:
    Caused by: oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.TransportException: Unable to
    enter passive mode. rc = 425 425 Can't open passive connection: Too many open files
    at oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.basic.ftp.FTPAgent.getFileNames(FTPAgent.java:
    253)
    at oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.basic.FileSource.getFileNames(FileSource.java:190)
    at oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.basic.FileSourceMonitor.processMessages(FileSourceMonitor.java:323)
    at oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.basic.FileSourceMonitor.run(FileSourceMonitor.java:123)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to enter passive mode. rc = 425 425
    Can't open passive connection: Too many open files
    at oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.basic.ftp.FTPClient.establishDataConnection(FTPClient.java:205)
    at oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.basic.ftp.FTPClient.listNames(FTPClient.java:455)
    at oracle.oai.agent.adapter.transport.basic.ftp.FTPAgent.getFileNames(FTPAgent.java:246)
    ... 3 more

This error was already reported in tar 14948114.6. The solution back then was
    to increase no of open files in server running the adapter. We have done that
    but it does not seem to help (it might take some more time to run to this error
    though).

POTENTIAL SOLUTION(S)
    ======================
    Set the following adapter.ini parameters:
    sender.keep_connections=false
    receiver.keep_connections=false