12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2008 12:43 PM by 347095 RSS

Welcome to GRC General Discussion

In order to make the most efficient, elegant and functional product possible we need your help. As product strategists we would like to know what you want to see in our next generation of products.

Some of our questions include

What frameworks do you use for governance?·
      Who is asking for assertions for Governance, Risk, and Compliance?
      What frameworks are you using for risk?·
      What tools are you using?·
      What other requirements do you have?

We welcome your participation in this process
        • 1. Re: Welcome to GRC General Discussion
          Hi Marlin,

Are you from Oracle Product developement for GRC?

What frameworks do you use for governance?·
          as of now we evaluating the risk it invovles.

Who is asking for assertions for Governance, Risk, and Compliance?
          All approval authority hirarchy needs proper info before the proceeds.

What tools are you using?·
          Custome Reports

What other requirements do you have?
          Auditing of certain operation

Prashant
          • 2. Re: Welcome to GRC General Discussion
            Prashant,

Yes I am part of the GRC Product Strategy team. I'm glad you took the time to read our forum. If you have any questions or areas you would like us to focus our attention on please let us know.
            • 3. Re: Welcome to GRC General Discussion
              Does GRC cover Master Data Governance?
              Is there a checklist for Oracle E-Business Suite that outlines the complete list of master data and who needs to maintain them, what controls should be in place etc?
              For companies implementing GRC framework, this is usually the first step and one finds that every organization is searching for a checklist like the above.
              • 4. Re: Welcome to GRC General Discussion
                Hi Marlin,

I have some product demo's where we can do a Object based Auditing.

Like Audit or track all or some operation for a specific group or person underneath a responsibility. Posibilities are end less but infrastructure should be there.

any thought of Oracle GRC coming up with this functionality.

Thanks
                Prashant
                • 5. Re: Welcome to GRC General Discussion
                  Marlin,
                  I apologize for using this method to contact you, I did not even know that you had moved.
                  my email is curtis.hughes@oneok.com. I recently took a position with ONEOK as an IS administrator for Oracle and wanted to chat with you..

I am still in Tulsa.
                  send me and email.
                  Curtis
                  • 6. Re: Welcome to GRC General Discussion
                    Hi Prashant!

Are these demos also available on TDS?

cu
                    Andreas
                    • 7. Re: Welcome to GRC General Discussion
                      Hey Chris...I will do that
                      • 8. Re: Welcome to GRC General Discussion
                        By now you have read

http://www.oracle.com/logicalapps/index.html

Yes, an Object based Audit Track is on the Radar
                        • 9. Re: Welcome to GRC General Discussion
                          This is a bit tricky.

Oracle GRC Manager interfaces with Audit Vault in our Tech Stack as well as our Digital Rights Mgmt solution through the GRC diagnostics. The IT gov component of the GRC Mgr has an asset governance screen that includes data as well as SOA objects and hardware
                          • 10. Re: Welcome to GRC General Discussion
                            Be sure to visit the RSA Bookstore to meet & greet Dr. Marlin Pohlman the author of Oracle Identity Management: Governance, Risk, and Compliance, who will be doing a book signing on Tuesday April 8th from 12:30pm to 1:00pm. The RSA Bookstore will be located in the North Hall Lobby of the Moscone Convention Center. You will have the opportunity to purchase this brand new book at the RSA Show Special Discount of 20% off the retail price
                            • 11. Re: Welcome to GRC General Discussion
                              user546893
                              Hi, Marlin,

I am implementing GRC Manager, however I am not the person actually performing the install. We have had issues with the DBA, and I am not certain how to test GRCM to be certain it is correct, and fully functional. At the very least, we are now able to login. I think I have all of the available relevant information (except maybe your book!). I also have the documentation on Managing Security and Users from the Oracle UCM web knowledge page.

Is the access to GRCM functionality determined by roles and permissions in the Content Server? When I log in GRCM, the only links I have are Logout and Home :))

Not sure if this would be the forum for this question, but if you can point me in the right direction, it is appreciated.

Thanks,
                              Brenda
                              • 12. Re: Welcome to GRC General Discussion
                                s the access to GRCM functionality determined by roles and permissions in the Content Server?

Yes...You create users in UCM. Fresh install of GRC comes with 2 seeded users