9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2011 8:35 AM by S.PDASH

Catalog Bulk Load Process

Hi
      Where can I find the spreadsheet templates (ItemPrice.txt, Item.txt, Price.txt) to bulkload catalog items in iProcurement?
      Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Catalog Bulk Load Process
          Try a search on internet you will find template files to download. If you can't perform search try
          https://www.oracleexchange.com/services/container.jsp?file=Readme_Spreadsheet.htm&title=Readme%20Spreadsheet&tab=0&subtab=2
          Regards,
          Utsav.
          • 2. Re: Catalog Bulk Load Process
            Hi Utsav
            Thanks for the response. I searched the internet and could not find any. That is the reason I posted in this forum hoping someone would have used them.
            The url you have sent seems to be a secure site and it times out. Is there an alternative?
            Thanks!
            • 3. Re: Catalog Bulk Load Process
              Hi,

You can navigate to following responsibility tio get the desired files:
              --> Go to iProcurement Catalog Adminitrator. Here you can download the sample file by clicking on "Dowlload Template" button on Top right corner for txt template and bottom right corner for XML template

Rushikesh Dabholkar
              Patni Computer Systems Inc
              • 4. Re: Catalog Bulk Load Process
                Hi Rushikesh
                Thanks for the information. I was able to download the templates.
                • 5. Catalog Bulk Load Process
                  Hi Rushikesh,

I am very new to iProc implementation and my client specifications are like this..
                  There are many catalogs and for each catalog they require divisions on it.. for example.. if a catalog say " PEN", if a user licks on it they should get a sub catalogs like "GELL PENS", "BALL POINT PENS" and "INK PENS".. etc..

I do not know how to do this.. can you please guide me..

and more over can I have some setup documents on iProc implementation..You can reply me to gvikramsimha@gmail.com

Thanks,
                  Vikram
                  • 6. Re: Catalog Bulk Load Process
                    Subramanyam Jayram
                    Hi,
                    Before loading catalogs you have to define the mapping hierarchy (Browsing, Item). The end level should be item.

PEN ( Level 1 -- Browsing item)
                    -- GELL PENS ( Level 2 Item)
                    -- BALL POINT PENS (Level 2 Item)
                    -- INK PENS (Level 2 Item)

This is the navigation
                    internet procurement catalag admin responsibility --> eContent Manager -->Manage Category hierarchy (PEN ( Level 1 -- Browsing item))

using these declare the browsing and use the Manage Item Categories declare the item categories ( -- BALL POINT PENS (Level 2 Item)
                    -- INK PENS (Level 2 Item))

Then you goto Manage category Hierarchy and assign the 2 items ( BALL POINT PENS ,INK PENS).

Once you declare the structure, map the categories with purchasing categories using Map Oracle purchasing categories.

Then you have to rebuild the index usingthe below command.
                    Navigation:     N > Setup > E-Catalog Admin > Loader Values
                    Description:This report is run to extract all Purchasing Categories that are web enabled from core PO to iProcurement. In the loader values screen just click ‘Extract Classifications’ for the extract to be done.
                    Notes: View the output of this report to check that everything worked OK and there were no errors. It may be necessary to first Drop and then Rebuild the Intermedia Index on the database before this process works for the first time. Script below:Exec icx_por_intermedia_index.drop_index
                         .create_index.rebuild_index

Once it is done, you can load the categories using the upload items button.
                    goto purchasing-- view requestes. check the concrrent progarm status.

Let me know if you have any other concerns or drop me a mail subbuj1978@gmail.com

Thanks
                    Subbu
                    • 7. Re: Catalog Bulk Load Process Job never ends- my documents goes preapproved
                      AngelG
                      Hi,
                      Every time that we try to add new items to a previously approved GBPA and subsequently submit for reapproval, the GBPA will get stuck in a pre-approved state.

Catalog Bulk Load Process Job never ends - and my documents goes to pre-approved state.

Now i cannot update my GBPA/by adding items / and i cannot use this GBPA no anymore
                      and why is it my concurrent program never ends.

This is only happen to GBPA trying to add addtional items
                      to previously approved. While other PO document i can revise and does not goes to pre approved state.

Anyone can help me...
                      Thanks,
                      Angel
                      • 8. Re: Catalog Bulk Load Process
                        AngelG
                        Kindly help me on my queries:
                        Every time that we try to add new items to a previously approved GBPA and subsequently submit for reapproval, the GBPA will get stuck in a pre-approved state.
                        Concurrent request shows status running,Job never ends- my documents goes preapproved state
                        Thanks,
                        Angel
                        • 9. Re: Catalog Bulk Load Process
                          S.PDASH
                          Hi,
                          We believe you are using core purchasing form to create a BPA.. As a work around, could you please use BWC (Buyer's Work center) to create a BPA (create agreement)..and then try to upload BPA lines (Catalog loading). We also faced the same issue when we used core purchasing form. Just give a try and let us know it is working or not.

Kind Regards,
                          S.P DASH