I have a question about the Siebel Data Quality Universal Connector.
From the Siebel Bookshelf: In real-time mode, data cleansing begins when a user saves a newly created or modified record.
When the record is committed to the Siebel database:
1. A request for cleansing is automatically submitted to the Data Cleansing business service.
2. The Data Cleansing business service sends the request to the third-party data cleansing
software, along with the applicable data.
3. The third-party software evaluates the data and modifies it in accordance with the vendor’s
4. The third-party software sends the modified data to the Siebel application, which updates the
Siebel database with the cleansed information and displays the cleansed information to the user.
What is not clear is what happens if the cleansing engine identifies a problem in the data that has to be raised to the user (e.g. an invalid zipcode has been specified for an address). Is there a point
4b. The third-party software identifies a problem in the data, sends the details to the Siebel application, which displays an error message to the user.
Thanks in advance.
Edited by: user566824 on Jul 28, 2009 5:40 AM
Currently if an address could not be cleansed by SDQ, user will get a popup window with error message. For example Invalid/Out of range Street Number etc.
There are two approaches towards address entry/cleansing/validation:
1. As described the thread the application sends the input address the cleansing engine, and the engine returns cleansed address or error message. If the input address does not match to one of the validated address on reference file, ideally a list of approximate address should be displayed similar to the scenario for matching results, for user to review and make a decision.
2. As user enteres part of the address, the eligible matched address will be displayed as a list for user to pick from. Certain engines could offer such capabilities for number of countries.
At this point, SDQ universal connector supports the first scenario, but with no UI to display potential address matches.