5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2007 7:34 PM by 3004

Smartview 9.2 - Ad Hoc Analysis

<p>Hello,</p><p> </p><p>We are running Smartview 9.2, and would like to roll out theability to utilize the ad-hoc analysis function to our end users. When connecting to essbase through smartview, do the endusers have the ability to submit data to essbase?  Is thereany security involved?  I know with the previous essbaseadd-in (lock and send) security was bypassed.  Is this thesame for the Smartview ad-hoc analysis?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p>
        • 1. Smartview 9.2 - Ad Hoc Analysis
          I can't say for sure on Smart-view since I'm not on that version yet, although I believe it is possible to submit data.<BR><BR>I'm curious about your statement "I know with the previous essbase add-in (lock and send) security was bypassed". What did you mean by this? Security is not bypassed when using the Excel add-in.
          • 2. Smartview 9.2 - Ad Hoc Analysis
            I guess my understanding is that by using the essbase add-in, any planning security is bypassed. Perhaps there is a way to set up security for essbase separately - I just have experience with system 9. Also, I found out from Hyperion that by using the smartview add-in, only administrators have access to send data back. Thanks for the response.
            • 3. Smartview 9.2 - Ad Hoc Analysis
              <p>Lock and send is different from submitting the data through theform.</p><p>You are correct in saying that only admins are allowed to submitdata but this is only for ad-hoc analysis. Planners and other userscan submit data if they are using web forms through smartview.</p><p>On an another note, we had an instance where we wrote theutility to change read filters to write so that our planning userscan enter data through excel addin but this was a one time thingonly and I wont suggest you going through this route.</p>
              • 4. Smartview 9.2 - Ad Hoc Analysis
                Hi guys Just a quick question, we use a relational database for metadata of planning. if that is the case than what does essbase has to do with planning? That thing is bothering me alot guys. I have a nice document on planning but I dont know the answer for this. Can somebody plz explain it to me I would really appreciate your effort guys, Thanks a million in advance.
                • 5. Smartview 9.2 - Ad Hoc Analysis
                  did you ever get an answer to this problem? We just implemented System 9 security and now can't use essbase excel add in or smartview ad-hoc... our users are NOT happy.