This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2007 3:25 PM by 3004 RSS

HFM APIs

3004 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I need to extract metadata and data from HFM using HFM APIs. I know there is something called HsvData for data extract, but I do not have any document on how to call it. I mean to say in and out parameters.<BR><BR>Also, I want to know if there is a way to extract HFM metadata using API. Say for example, I need to extract all entities below specified parent entity.<BR><BR>I will appreciate any lead on either of two issues.<BR><BR>Thanks
  • 1. HFM APIs
    3004 Newbie
    I was researching on data extract from HFM and I found somebody mentioned about using Extended Analytics. Can you guys share you experience about Extended Analytics? Can we run process from command prompt?
  • 2. HFM APIs
    3004 Newbie
    <p>Use Hal to export data</p>
  • 3. HFM APIs
    3004 Newbie
    <p>Can Someone please , Please help me with this. I installed HFMon my PC running IIS(Windows XP pro). I can load the HFM Desktop,But I don't know how to configure the database. I installed the SQLServer Express 2005 , before installing the HFM. Please help meconfigure the SQL Server to work with HFM. Also I don't know how toget the HFM Web Client screen. I used the url,http://localhost:2223/HFM , I got and empty page showing a text"hfm". Please help me with this also. The version I aminstalling is System 9 HFM 9.3 Thanks George I apologize forpogting this with other subject.</p>
  • 4. HFM APIs
    3004 Newbie
    George,I don't think System 9 supports XP OS . Please check.-Naveen