5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2005 6:20 PM by 3004 RSS

Dynamic Time Series

For dynamic time series, should the generation you choose be the generation of the members you are trying to add together; or the generation of their parent (i.e., if doing y-t-d, do i want to use the generation of the months; or the generation of the yeartotal member).Second, do dynamic time series work if the entire structure of the 'time periods' dimension is all dynamic calcs ???Obviously I can't get it dts to work for me, hence the queries.
        • 1. RE:Dynamic Time Series
          For Y-T-D use the generation that YearTotal is at.DTS will work regardless if the members are stored or dynamic calc, just make sure the dimension has the Time tag.
          • 2. RE:Dynamic Time Series
            Huh, mine should be working fine then. Anyone else have any other ideas why it's not working. When I retrieve from excel, it gives me the following message:"the sheet contains an unknown member: y-t-d(apr)".
            • 3. RE:Dynamic Time Series
              no; we load data into weeks which then rolls up into the months. i have a m-t-d() function in one of the two cubes i'm trying to get working, and it works fine. just y-t-d does not.
              • 4. RE:Dynamic Time Series
                FYI when I do what you say it comes back with the message "invalid latest setting on dynamic time series member [y-t-d]."
                • 5. RE:Dynamic Time Series
                  Okay, disregard my last thread that doesn't seem to work for anything.I did do some playing, however, and it turns out that I can get Y-T-D work if I use the zero-level member to tell it where to work from. I.e., Y-T-D(maywk4).Is that normal ??? I really wish that would've been in the documentation somewhere if it is.