3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2006 12:46 PM by 3004 RSS

Default userid/password for Essbase 7.1.5

Hi All,<BR> <BR>I've just now upgraded to Essbase 7.1.5. At the time of installation I gave the 'NAME' as 'James Galt' and system password as 'password'.<BR>Earlier on every upgrade it used to recognize the old security file and I could login to a fresh upgrade using my old id/password. But this time it does seem to recognize the essbase.sec file.<BR><BR>could somebody please let me know the default user-id password for version 7.1.5, so that I can atleast login and try creating some users.<BR><BR>Any help in this matter s highly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Maneesh.hari@gmail.com
        • 1. Default userid/password for Essbase 7.1.5
          administrator/password
          • 2. Default userid/password for Essbase 7.1.5
            There's no such ting as a default user ID and password for Essbase. The system user ID and password is the one you create when you install Essbase. IF you want to reset and start from scratch, delete the essbase.sec file and launch essbase.exe from \essbase\bin. You will be prompted to enter a new user ID and password. Hint : it's not good practive to use someone's name as the system ID. BE aware of a couple of things if you do this, any users, filters, applications, etc you had we'll be gone and have to be re-created. If this was an upgrade from the previous version, upon install completion, you would run the essbase.exe and it would prompt you for the existing password. If it's not working, chances are you are using the wrong password. Remember, the system password might not be the same as the admin password. For instance at my location, when I did the upgrade I entered the admin password and it didn't work. I asked everyone and they said that was the only password. After digging little deeper I found that a couple of years ago it was determined the passwords were too generic so they changed them. While they changed the admin password, the system password stayed the same. After digging, I found out what the old password was and sure enough I was able to fire it up. If you don't have existing apps and users to worry about then just start fresh, but if you want to salvage what you had, then you will need to find the right password. One more thing, if you have Essbase running as a service, disable the service and run it in console mode until you get this straightened out. <BR><BR>HTH
            • 3. Default userid/password for Essbase 7.1.5
              Thanks guys.<BR><BR>may be my latest security file was corrupted. I used an earlier one from the backup and it worked perfectly.<BR><BR>garycris: thanks for the hint<BR><BR>Regards,