5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2007 3:30 PM by 3004 RSS

ASO Load Buffer

Hi,<BR><BR>I am using Essbase 7.1.5 and attempting to perform a data load via a buffer. I had thought when creating the buffer you needed to use the property ignore_zero_values to filter out zero values in source data. I cannot seem to find the correct syntax in the documentation anywhere. <BR><BR><b>alter database App.db initialize load_buffer with buffer_id 1 property ignore_zero_value;</b> <BR><BR>error is <BR><BR> <b>ERROR - 1242021 - (1) Syntax error near ['property']</b><BR><BR><BR>if I remove the "property ignore_zero_value" the buffer takes and the load progresses without issue.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR><BR>KC
        • 1. ASO Load Buffer
          This is a two step process.<Br>1. Initialize the buffer.<Br>2. Import data into the buffer.<Br>3. Import data from buffer into database.<Br>You are trying to do both in a single step. So your statement is not fully correct. It should be like following:<BR>1.alter database a.b initialize load buffer with buffer_id 1;<BR>2.import database a.b data from server data_file 'file_1.txt' to load_buffer with buffer_id 1;<BR>3.import database a.b data from load_buffer with buffer_id 1 ignore zeros;<BR><BR>So as you see, you need to set the property in the final statement when you load data into db from buffer.
          • 2. ASO Load Buffer
            Another thing to consider:<BR><BR>We didn't add the "IGNORE ZEROS" feature until System 9!
            • 3. ASO Load Buffer
              <p>oops..</p><p> </p><p>Thanks Steve for pointing out my mistake</p>
              • 4. ASO Load Buffer
                Is MaxL the only way to initialize the load buffer?<BR><BR>jim
                • 5. ASO Load Buffer
                  If you are using EAS/AAS to load the ASO cube, it does it automatically.