4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2007 11:08 AM by 3004 RSS

Top 10 Report Hyperion Reports

I couldn't find anything in the user's guide that walked me through creating a top 10 report in Hyperion reports. Are there multiple steps involved? If so, can you explain what they are? I'm hoping to create reports that will comprise not only top 10, but top 15, top 30, etc. Any help would be appreciated.
        • 1. Top 10 Report Hyperion Reports
          It's not a built-in functionality, as it is in Analyzer or the Essbase Query Designer. You have to use the @RANK function, then suppress rows whose @RANK values fall outside the range you want to include.<BR><BR>Jared
          • 2. Top 10 Report Hyperion Reports
            Thanks Jared.
            • 3. Top 10 Report Hyperion Reports
              Unfortunately you are going to find this difficult. I was very disappointed in Hyperion's lack of functionality in Hyperion Reports when trying to do stuff like this. It's not a great report tool. You can do as Jared mentioned by using the Rank and suppress. the problem you start to run into is when you want to have sub totals. Chances are if you have a top 10, you want a line at the bottom that shows the sum of those ten. This starts to become difficult since you cannot control the order of operations in Hyperion Reports. You wind up having the sum performed prior to the suppression which gives you a useless result that sums all rows, not just the top 10. There are some work-arounds but they complicate the design and wind up limiting the report in other ways.
              • 4. Top 10 Report Hyperion Reports
                Please help me out. I want to know can we integrate Hyperion reports with .Net applications if yes then from where i can get best article. thanks