0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2002 5:48 PM by 245710

ORADC Data Control - REPOST

This is a repost - my email address was incorrect on the previous message.

Help! I've tried everything I can think of but I cannot get the ORACDC data control to work. I don't get any error messages, I just don't get any data. I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled (different versions too), but nothing seems to make a difference. When I'm designing the form there are no column names in the ControlSource drop down for text controls on the form, so I manually entered a column name (and yes, it's spelled correctly). When I open the form, the text box has "#Name?" in it and the ORADC is disabled. I can execute the select statement in TOAD that I entered in the ORADC's Recordsource property, so I know that's OK, and the databasename and connect are also correct. I can open an OraSession, OraDatabase, and OraDynaset and return data from it (using debug.print in a loop), so I think the dlls and libraries are OK. I'm out of ideas, and it's probably something simple (or stupid) that I've missed, but I can't see it. I'm running Oracle 8i, 8.0.5 client, and Windows NT 4.0 SP5. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks