3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2007 2:34 PM by 3004 RSS

EIS - Template SQL

Has anyone been able to successfully use the template SQL drill through option in EIS? Any change to the standard SQL results in the following error: "No display columns defined for a selected report". The SQL executes fine in a query tool
        • 1. EIS - Template SQL
          I use it and it works okay. You have to use SQL statements that your relational repository recognizes. For instance, if I use SQL server, I can't use an Oracle function in my statement. I'm not saying your doing that, rather, just clarifying. What relational DB are you using? Do you have the correct ODBC drivers installed on your server?
          • 2. EIS - Template SQL
            The only difference between the standard sql and the template sql is the removal of a where condition. It is the exact same syntax. The sql runs and returns results when I don't use the template sql and just use the standard sql.<BR><BR>Any other ideas? I am running EIS 7.1.6.<BR><BR>
            • 3. EIS - Template SQL
              If you paste the SQL statement in to the RDBMS query analyzer and run it, do you get any errors?