3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2007 9:52 AM by 3004 RSS

Security excel add-in

<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>Question 1:</p><p>Does anyone know if it's possible to make my own role ?</p><p>We sometimes give people the Supervisor role, but that's justtoo much.</p><p>The Designer role isn't enough...so,I want to make a new role between supervisorand designer...but is it possible ? Can roles be made or modified?</p><p> </p><p>Question 2:</p><p>We work with the excel add-in. What about the lock & Sendoption ? Can they be disabled for some users ?</p><p>Also, when the users have role supervisor ?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Greeting,</p><p>Rob</p>
        • 1. Security excel add-in
          What level of access do you want to give ?
          • 2. Security excel add-in
            <p>well,</p><p> </p><p>for example:</p><p>a user is allowed to create an application, but can't drop auser....what role is that ?</p><p>I think, there is't.</p><p> </p><p>Gr.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
            • 3. Security excel add-in
              You can allow the user to create an application but then what do you want to do ? Allow them to add users for just that application ? You can give users create\delete application status and create\delete user status but that will be in general for the entire system. I guess you may be able to get around this by writing some kind of app in vb if you really need to. Maybe there is another way, anybody know ?