This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2006 9:11 AM by 3004 RSS

Email for Hyperion Reports 7.2.5

3004 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We have a recent installation of Hyperion Reports 7.2.5 which we are just getting started with. I was testing features, and the scheduler process seems to be unable to successfully send email. I immediately looked in the admin guide for configuration information, but was unable to find any mention of configuration.<BR><BR>I expect that I need to tell Reports where the mail server is and who should be sending, but I haven't found any reference yet to the location of this configuration information.<BR><BR>If anyone has experience in this area, I could use some ideas.<BR><BR>Now I guess I'll see if I can find the install documentation and see if that helps.
  • 1. Email for Hyperion Reports 7.2.5
    3004 Newbie
    Will,<BR><BR>Go to \\Hyperion\HyperionReports\lib\hr_global.properties on your report server. Open the file in a text editor and look for the SMTP settings section. There you should put the name or IP Address of the SMTP server. Restart your report services and you should be set to go. As far as the sending email account, from the Hyperion client, go into Preferences and input the email address you want to send with in the "Your email address" field. Now that will take care of sending emails from the client. If you plan to send reports via email from a batch file, it will default to a system account for the email, most email systems will not allow this so you will have to code the sending email address into your XML file used to send the batch. This is not overly obvious as the SENDER tag is not one of the defaults (don't ask me why) you need to go through the doc for an example or if you need one, send me an email and I can forward a sample to you.<BR><BR>HTH
  • 2. Email for Hyperion Reports 7.2.5
    3004 Newbie
    Thanks for the quick response. I got similar advice from the Knowledge Base, catching me off guard, since the Knowledge base seldom returns anything useful.<BR><BR>Your warning on the sender is well taken. I'll have to dig out the account name we were given for that purpose.<BR><BR>I've got a bit of vacation coming next week and I plan to take a book on JSP with me. We seem to have a bit of trouble keeping Web Server folks working for us, so I think a ittle cross training is in my self interest.
  • 3. Email for Hyperion Reports 7.2.5
    3004 Newbie
    Just thought I'd let you know that the help worked. I got my first email from Hyperion Reports last night. Still haven't checked with my remote user, but it appears to be working without problems now.<BR><BR>Thanks!