This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2007 10:49 AM by 3004 RSS

Changing ESSLANG in 7X

3004 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
One of my administrators recently upgraded a server from 6.5.6 to 7.1.2. When he upgraded, he selected the wrong language: English_UnitedStates.Latin1@Binary. Our other 6.5.6 servers are set to use English_UnitedStates.MS1252@Binary as the ESSLANG. Because of the language differences, we aren't able to use any of the migration tools or even save the outline from one 7X server to another.<BR><BR>I know that ESSLANG is an environment variable and even tried to change that. However, when I tried to login to the existing databases, I was no longer able to connect and had to restore the variable. Is there any way to change the language without reinstalling Essbase?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.
  • 1. Changing ESSLANG in 7X
    3004 Newbie
    <p>Hi Lingleji,</p><p> </p><p>Did you have a solution for this issue yet? I'm having the sameproblem too especially in migration, it can't be done withindifferent servers with different settings.</p><p>I have one server with English_UnitedStates.MS1252@Binary andthe other is with: English_UnitedStates.MS1252@Binary, so I wasunable to migrate from one to another.</p><p> </p><p>I believe if enable unicode mode through MaxL it'd be possiblewhich I didn't try yet, I just read it.</p><p>if you have a solution besides uninstalling Essbase andreinstalling it please share.</p><p> </p><p>thanks</p>
  • 2. Changing ESSLANG in 7X
    3004 Newbie
    Hi Didopiff,<BR>I've tried looking for the notes that I took but haven't been able to find them. I know that I reinstalled a couple of servers, but I think that the ultimate solution was that I simply changed the language in the essbase.cfg file. Hope that helps!
  • 3. Changing ESSLANG in 7X
    3004 Newbie
    <p>Thanks for the quick response,</p><p>I' playing with the dev server now and I'll upgrade from 6.5.7to 7.1.3.</p><p>I'm not sure if you can change that in the config file(ESSBASE.CFG), but it's possible I just didn't see any help in thedocumentation and the Essbase.cfg help. if youhave done it beforeand it worked please let me know how you did it, in case this issuearaises and we don't want to reinstall, and it's important if youdo a lot of migration.</p><p> </p><p>thanks</p>
  • 4. Changing ESSLANG in 7X
    3004 Newbie
    <p>Anyone has faced this ESSLANG issue again? Did anyone find a wayto fix it?<br>If you have an idea please help, I need to migrate applicationsfrom a server to another with different ESSLANG settings.<br><br>Thank you all.</p>