1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2008 2:55 PM by 586727 Go to original post
      • 9. Re: Error in deploying from jdeveloper 10.1.3.3 to oc4j 10.1.3.3
        I had the same problem and had to do several things to get fixed. These are the steps I took:

1. Launch OC4J 10.1.3.x
        2. Install ADF Installer 10.1.3.3 by extracting files, changing adfinstaller.properties, and running java -jar runinstaller.jar adfinstaller.properties
        3. Copy files from
             [$Jdeveloper Home]\jakarta-taglibs
             to
             [$OC4J Home]\BC4J\lib
             the files are:
             commons-digester.jar
             commons-logging.jar
             commons-collections.jar

4. Download and copy apache-log4j-1.2.15 (log4j-1.2.15.jar) to [$OC4J Home]\BC4J\lib
        5. Make sure you have these tags in orion-application.xml:
        <imported-shared-libraries>
        <remove-inherited name="apache.commons.logging"></remove-inherited>
        </imported-shared-libraries>
        It is already there if you are generating by Jheadstart.

6. Create a new project, and make deployment files through a process similar to the document:
        Deploying a Web Application
        http://www.oracle.com/technology/obe/obe1013jdev/10131/deployment/deployment.htm
        [making WAR for view-controller, JAR for model, and EAR in a new project]

7. Deploy the application.

Hope it will do the trick.
        Regards,
        Farbod
        • 10. Re: Error in deploying from jdeveloper 10.1.3.3 to oc4j 10.1.3.3
          Hi, Steven Davelaar and All

How can I do it in a embedded oc4j
          • 11. Re: Error in deploying from jdeveloper 10.1.3.3 to oc4j 10.1.3.3
            Doing what? The thread is about deploying to OC4J. To my knowledge, For embedded OC4J if you are using JDeveloper 10.1.3.3 or so, you can just run the application and it serves the purpose, though you can replace the libraries if you have really encountered a problem, but I don't think it is necessary.
            Kind Regards,
            Farbod
            • 12. Re: Error in deploying from jdeveloper 10.1.3.3 to oc4j 10.1.3.3
              thank Farbod for your reply
              Remove the shared library, is it the subject you are talking above?

In fact, I want to remove toplink from embedded oc4j when I was using Hibernate!
              But hibernate cannot use antlr2.7.6rc1.jar when the file name is not the same with the antlr used by toplink!
              My colleague has resolved this problem by renaming the jar file antlr2.7.6rc1.jar to antlr.jar, and copy it into the directory of /toplink/jlib.
              This works pretty well. But I was supprised when I did the the same thing like this except changing the name of antlr2.7.6.rc1 to antlr, it dosent work.
              And I still think this method isn't gracefully enough and I was searching for the same method like adding remove-inherited element in the orion-application.xml file.But I failed to get one.

Message was edited by:
              wangfeng
              • 13. Re: Error in deploying from jdeveloper 10.1.3.3 to oc4j 10.1.3.3
                You may have already tried this but if not, add these elements to orion-application.xml:
                <orion-application>
                <remove-inherited name="oracle.toplink"/>
                </orion-application>
                Kind Regards,
                Farbod

P.S. These two links may be useful, I haven't tried such a thing myself:
                OC4J / OracleAS 10.1.3 Hibernate 3.x and antlr
                http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25221_04/web.1013/b14433/opensrc.htm#BABCIEAF
                • 14. Re: Error in deploying from jdeveloper 10.1.3.3 to oc4j 10.1.3.3
                  Oops. Double Posted. I don't know how to delete this.

Message was edited by:
                  Farbod
                  • 15. Re: Error in deploying from jdeveloper 10.1.3.3 to oc4j 10.1.3.3
                    Oops!
                    I think you didn't understand my last post! Maybe my English is too poor to express what I meant!
                    We have done both the removing the shared library in orion-application.xml and
                    update the jar file in "%JDEV_HOME%/toplink/jlib/" which is also posted in the first link you kindly offered.

I thought the first method is more gracefullly for it won't hurt OC4J and keeps OC4J's original appearance.
                    But We only can choose the second way when we want to run OC4J in embedded mode.

I found something strange in using the same method.
                    First When I update antlr.jar to another version, I have to keep the file name unchanging. You see many jar file has version number in their filename. I was supprised to found that
                    . And I have a question is whether the filename is hard-coded into the classloader of oc4j. In tomcat, the classloader will find the jar files automatically. I only needed to put the jar file in the direcory predefined by the classloader.
                    Second, when I setup an orion-application.xml in META-INF, it doesnt take any effect to embeded oc4j

Best Regards
                    wf
                    • 16. Re: Error in deploying from jdeveloper 10.1.3.3 to oc4j 10.1.3.3
                      Jan Vervecken
                      hi wf

About "And I have a question is whether the filename is hard-coded into the classloader of oc4j.".

You might be looking for this file:
                      jdevstudio10133\j2ee\home\oc4j.jar!\meta-inf\boot.xml

That says ...
                      <!-- ... -->

<!-- This file defines the arrangement of class-loaders, shared-libraries -->
                      <!-- and the code-sources within them required to boot OC4J.  Think of it -->
                      <!-- as a glorified manifest Class-Path.                                  -->

<!-- ... -->

<shared-library name="oracle.toplink" parent="api" version="10.1.3">
                              <!-- ... -->
                              <code-source path="${oracle.home}/toplink/jlib/toplink.jar"/>
                              <code-source path="${oracle.home}/toplink/jlib/antlr.jar"/>
                              <!-- ... -->
                          </shared-library>

<!-- ... -->
                      regards
                      Jan Vervecken
                      • 17. Re: Error in deploying from jdeveloper 10.1.3.3 to oc4j 10.1.3.3
                        Hi,Jan Vervecken
                        Thank you for your expertise to prove my thought, it seems oracle do not want developers easily to remove or modify the libraries used by oc4j itself to keep the correctness of oc4j.
                        Thus we have new way beyond updating the jar file keeping filename same as older ones is to extract oc4j.jar, modify boot.xml and produce a new oc4j.jar.

Then my second question is when I add a orion-application.xml in meta-inf in my application but it has no effect on embedded oc4j.
                        Did orion-appliaction.xml only affect applications in stand-alone oc4j?
                        And from the experiment until now the answer seems to be yes.
                        If anybody else dont agree with my shallow opinion, please dont hesitate to figure it out.

Kindly Regards and Happy new year to everyone.
                        wf
                        • 18. Re: Error in deploying from jdeveloper 10.1.3.3 to oc4j 10.1.3.3
                          Jan Vervecken
                          hi wf

It was not my intention to suggest to "... modify boot.xml and produce a new oc4j.jar".
                          If you really want to do this, you should probably first discuss this approach with Oracle support in a service request on Metalink.

regards
                          Jan
                          • 19. Re: Error in deploying from jdeveloper 10.1.3.3 to oc4j 10.1.3.3
                            Hi Wangfeng and Happy new year to you and all.
                            Yes you are right I hadn't got your point.
                            - I am wondering how you understand that the elements in your orion-application have not affected the embedded OC4J? To my knowledge they should do the same to emb-OC4J as they do to the standalone. Also there are some orion-application.xml files in the emb-OC4J folders. You can change them and they define default behavior of the emb-OC4j. If it doesn't work it should a bug. I had a similar problem with associating an application with LDAP when running on emb-OC4J so I moved to standalone OC4J.

- As for the JAR files, the version for example log4j-1.2.15.jar is not important when oc4j tries to find the file. I think it has to do with the manifest file and implementation title. I am wondering how the container searches for the libraries, from the filename or from a pre-defined xml file (as Jan described for boot.xml), or from the manifest.
                            Regards,
                            Farbod
                            • 20. Re: Error in deploying from jdeveloper 10.1.3.3 to oc4j 10.1.3.3
                              Hi, Jan Vervecken

I just talked about the possibility and I am not intending to do it too.
                              It's more easy to replace the jar file than to modify the boot.xml and produce a new oc4j.jar.
                              I dont want to make life tough.

Best Regards
                              wf
                              • 21. Re: Error in deploying from jdeveloper 10.1.3.3 to oc4j 10.1.3.3
                                hi, farbod

I was focusing on the orion-application.xml in meta-inf folder of J2EE application,not the libraries loaded by through JAR-class-path in mf file . I think you can refer to "How the Java Launcher Finds JAR-class-path Classes" in JavaDoc for more detail about he Jar-class-path. And I guess containers didnt need to care loading these libraries in manifest file, it's Java VM's work.

Hence, go back to your first section of your reply, maybe you are right, I am new to the structure of J2EE application (especially a web application)in JDeveloper.
                                I set up a folder META-INF, and add the orion-application.xml in it, and the content of the xml file is
                                <?xml version="1.0"?>

<orion-application xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://xmlns.oracle.com/oracleas/schema/orion-application-10_0.xsd" deployment-version="10.1.3.3.0" default-data-source="jdbc/OracleDS" see-parent-data-sources="false" component-classification="external"
                                schema-major-version="10" schema-minor-version="0" >
                                <remove-inherited name="oracle.toplink"/>
                                </orion-application>

I have try to put the folder in Application Resource or WebContent, in the latter try, I found META-INF is in the same folder with WEB-INF.But it doesnt work in both ways.

Best Regards!
                                wf
                                • 22. Re: Error in deploying from jdeveloper 10.1.3.3 to oc4j 10.1.3.3
                                  Jan Vervecken
                                  hi wangfeng

When trying to use elements like "remove-inherited" in orion-application.xml, you might also want to consider using a deployment plan.
                                  see "8 Working with Deployment Plans" in the "Oracle® Containers for J2EE Deployment Guide 10g (10.1.3.1.0) Part Number B28951-01"
                                  at http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B32110_01/web.1013/b28951/deployplan.htm#CHDFEFAE

success
                                  Jan
                                  • 23. Re: Error in deploying from jdeveloper 10.1.3.3 to oc4j 10.1.3.3
                                    Much thanks!
                                    A wonderful material, I'll read it first, discuss later.
                                    Best Regards!
                                    wf
                                    1 2 Previous Next