This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
In both cases, there it is shown a block corrupt for database file 1, that means the install media was originally corrupt and the corruption was at the seed database files.
Check the media consistency to discover if corruption was originally there. In case it was redownload the zip file for solaris and unzip it somewhere else. Look for the seed database files at the ORACLE_HOME/assistants/dbca/templates and replace them.
When you created by scripts, ensure the option where the scripts only is selected, do not try to create the database by means of the dbca, run scripts from the OS.
I also tried re-downloading and extracting files in a different system and installing from the NFS mounted path. Before extracting, I checked the checksum value of cpio.gz file and it is matching with the value given in Oracle site. But still I am facing the same issues. Is this something related to OS block size in Solaris 10?
It looks like it is a bug, however this was related to a 10gR1 database, please verify.
Error Ora-19624 On Create Database with DBCA When Installing Oracle10g
Doc ID: Note:305411.1
There it states privilege problems.
Even I reformatted the system with latest Solaris 10 release and tried. Still I am facing the same Control file corruption..
Error in in trace file says about control file corruption
Detected a media corrupt controlfile block (block# 9) in '/u01/ora10gr2/c3.ctl'
Can anybody suggest some other troubleshooting steps.
dbca shouldn't lead to corrupted blocks at the controlfile, unless there are some other issues with the IO system. DBCA doesn't have a stored controlfile, so it could not be diagnosed as a media origin failure.
It points to physical damage, and no more corrupted blocks can be found, probably because database cannot be started. Check if you can redirect database creation to another partition.
I suggest you to generate creation scripts from dbca, so you can cotnrol creation procedure, and retry.
My user was in the oinstall group, I changed the primary group to dba and made sure my raw devices were owned by oracle:dba and dbca got passed the error described here.