This content has been marked as final. Show 10 replies
Were you able to find a solution to this?
This is how you would do it manually,
1. Open Purchase Order Summary screen
2. In the lower half of the page there are tabs. Click on 'Status' tab.
3. Click on 'Order Approval' pull down LOV
4. Choose 'Incomplete'
5. Click on 'Find' button
6. The next screen shows all incomplete POs.
7. Open each PO and Change value for 'Buyer' field (re-assigning buyer)
8. Click 'Approve' button after all information is filled out for PO.
Hope this helps. I'm not sure if there is any automated way to do this.
Thanks. But this can be done if i'm the buyer of that po. What if I'm not the buyer? how can i move incomplete PO from any buer to another?
This is going to show all incomplete POs irrespective of who the buyer is. Which responsibility are you using and why do you think it will give only one buyer's POs that are incomplete? Do you use Superuser Responsibility? What is the process in your organization? Who re-assigns the incomplete POs?
when i come to step 7 and open the po and opens a new po !!!
You can re-assign the po to a new buyer using two ways:
1. Workflow -> U need to have Workflow Administrator responsibility.
2. Assign notifications -> U need to have the same resp as listed above ;-)
Let me know if u have the above listed resp, then we are nearing the solution!
Message was edited by:
Yes I can use them
what shall i do?
The reason you cannot open other buyer's po's but only your's is probably because the 'Security Level' at the document type is 'Private'.
So, what you can do is (I don't really like this, but i cannot think of other way) : change the security lrvrl to 'Purchasing' (or 'Public') and then perform the manuual steps that were suggested by the third user.
May be this is late reply. But not sure whether this issue was addressed.
Let me add my answers for this.
If I understand correctly, your requirement is only to update Buyer for the Incomplete POs, not on items.
1. I dont think there is a straight seeded solution for your problem.
2. "Manage Buyer Workload" form may be useful in this regard.
3. "Mass Update Buyer" may not be useful for your requirement.
4. Using APIs may be helpful in this regard. (Needs technical support)