This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2007 8:31 AM by 600961 RSS

MDM 9.3 and CSS Authentication

600961 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello All,

I installed MDM 9.3 selecting the MIX authentication option and everything works fine when I'm using internal authentication, I need to enable CSS authentication and this is what I did:

-Install Shared services 9.2 where the MDM server is running
-Update the system path and class path in the CSS section of the MDM console pointing to the right path
-Restart the server
Click on enable CSS, when I do this I'm getting this error:

LoadLibrary("E:\Hyperion\master Data Management\mdm_ntier_css_validator.dll") failed, the specified mudule could'n t be found.

I see the same error when I'm manually trying to register the specific dll doing this on a DOS command prompt window :

regsvr32 mdm_ntier_css_validator.dll

Any ideas?, any help would be really appreciated

Regards

Miguel Sanchez
  • 1. Re: MDM 9.3 and CSS Authentication
    601031 Newbie
    Miguel,

Two issues here:
    1. When you get the error when trying to register the .dll, that typically indicates a problem in the path. First make sure that all of the paths listed in the MDM Console are consistent with the paths on the machine. Also, make sure that the %PATH% environment has actually picked up the changes. Lastly, if you have multiple versions of Java installed and listed in the PATH, make sure that the version you are actually using appears first in the PATH.

2. If you wish to use MDM 9.3 with Shared Services 9.2, then you need to replace one of the .jar files that ships with MDM 9.3 with one compatible with 9.2. This file, along with configuration instructions can be obtained from Oracle/Hyperion customer support.

Alan
  • 2. Re: MDM 9.3 and CSS Authentication
    600961 Newbie
    Alan,

Thanks a lot for your reply, it was very helpful, I successfuly could register the mdm_ntier_css_validator.dll following your recommendations about paths and the %PATH% env variable, however when I'm trying to enable the CSS module on MDM I'm getting this error:

Exception Emdm_Exception with message 'Could not Initialize CSS. Error: 'com/hyperion/mdm/CSSInit (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)'. Classpath: 'E:\Hyperion\Master Data Management\cssvalidator.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\CSS\9.2.0\lib\css-9_2_0.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\CSS\9.2.0\lib\ldapbp.jar;E:\Hyperion\SharedServices\9.2\client\lib\commons-httpclient.jar;E:\Hyperion\SharedServices\9.2\client\lib\commons-logging.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXM\1.1.1\dom4j.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXP\1.2.2\dom.jar;E:\Hyperion\SharedServices\9.2\client\lib\interop-common.jar;E:\Hyperion\SharedServices\9.2\client\lib\interop-sdk.jar;E:\Hyperion\SharedServices\9.2\client\lib\jakarta-slide-webdavlib.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXM\1.1.1\jaxm-api.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXM\1.1.1\jaxm-runtime.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JDOM\0.8.0\jdom.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\loggers\Log4j\1.2.8\lib\log4j-1.2.8.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXM\1.1.1\saaj-api.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXM\1.1.1\saaj-ri.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXP\1.2.2\sax.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXP\1.2.2\xalan.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXP\1.2.2\xercesImpl.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXP\1.2.2\xsltc.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\JCE\1.2.2\jce1_2_2.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\JRE\Sun\1.4.2\lib\jsse.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\JCE\1.2.2\local_policy.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\JCE\1.2.2\sunjce_provider.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\JCE\1.2.2\US_export_policy.jar;''

Is this error related to the .jar file replacement you are talking about?, if so, how can I get that file and the configuration instructions?

Thanks in advance

Miguel
  • 3. Re: MDM 9.3 and CSS Authentication
    601031 Newbie
    Miguel,

That is exactly the issue. The required .jar file is not large so I could email it to you if you like.

Alan
  • 4. Re: MDM 9.3 and CSS Authentication
    600961 Newbie
    Alan,

Thanks for your help, you can send me the .jar file to misurresty@yahoo.com, also do you have the instructions to make the configuration of that file?

Thanks in advance

Miguel
  • 5. Re: MDM 9.3 and CSS Authentication
    600961 Newbie
    Hello Alan,

Any luck with the .jar file ?, I would appreciate if can send it.

Thanks in advance

Miguel
  • 6. Re: MDM 9.3 and CSS Authentication
    601031 Newbie
    Miguel,

A package was emailed this morning with the .jar file and configuration instructions. This should resolve your issue.

Alan
  • 7. Re: MDM 9.3 and CSS Authentication
    600961 Newbie
    Alan,

First that all, thank you so much for the .zip file you sent me with the .jar file and the instructions to enable CSS 9.2 with MDM 9.3.

I followed the instructions on the install document, replaced the cssvalidator.jar file and changed the SYSTEM_PATH and CLASS_PATH variables on the MDM CSS console, however when I'm trying to enable CSS I'm getting this error:

Exception Emdm_Exception with message 'Could not Initialize CSS. Error: 'Cannot configure the system. Please check the configuration'. Classpath: 'E:\Hyperion\Master Data Management\cssvalidator.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\CSS\9.2.0\lib\css-9_2_0.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\CSS\9.2.0\lib\ldapbp.jar;E:\Hyperion\SharedServices\9.2\client\lib\commons-httpclient.jar;E:\Hyperion\SharedServices\9.2\client\lib\commons-logging.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXM\1.1.1\dom4j.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXP\1.2.2\dom.jar;E:\Hyperion\SharedServices\9.2\client\lib\interop-common.jar;E:\Hyperion\SharedServices\9.2\client\lib\interop-sdk.jar;E:\Hyperion\SharedServices\9.2\client\lib\jakarta-slide-webdavlib.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXM\1.1.1\jaxm-api.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXM\1.1.1\jaxm-runtime.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JDOM\0.8.0\jdom.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\loggers\Log4j\1.2.8\lib\log4j-1.2.8.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXM\1.1.1\saaj-api.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXM\1.1.1\saaj-ri.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXP\1.2.2\sax.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXP\1.2.2\xalan.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXP\1.2.2\xercesImpl.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\XML\JAXP\1.2.2\xsltc.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\JCE\1.2.2\jce1_2_2.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\JDK\Sun\1.4.2\jre\lib\jsse.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\JCE\1.2.2\local_policy.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\JCE\1.2.2\sunjce_provider.jar;E:\Hyperion\common\JCE\1.2.2\US_export_policy.jar;''

Any ideas what is going on?

thanks in advance

Miguel
  • 8. Re: MDM 9.3 and CSS Authentication
    601031 Newbie
    Miguel,

Ensure that the hostname field on the Common Security Services page of the MDM Console contains the correct name of the server where CSS is actually running. Also, make sure that the Use Alternate box is not checked.

Alan
  • 9. Re: MDM 9.3 and CSS Authentication
    600961 Newbie
    Alan,

Thanks a lot for your help, MDM 9.3 it's working with CSS 9.2.

Miguel