1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2010 6:16 PM by Alan3 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
        I downloaded patch suggested in note of metalink, but I have a startup error.

Pier
        • 16. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
          start up error? what do u mean by that? Have you set the enviormental variable JDEV_USER_HOME
          --Mukul                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
          • 17. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
            Yes, I setted JDEV_USER_HOME variable.
            When I start Jdev I have the following error in the "Extensions - Log" tab

Severe(55,73): Addin oracle.adfdtinternal.view.faces.region.RegionAddin does not exist.

Seems that Jdev doesn't find class RegionAddin.class. I opened "oracle.regions.dt.10.1.3.jar" and there isn't that class.

Pier
            • 18. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
              I have another problem with this release of Jdev: I try to execute a OAPage, but I have 21 errors because Jdev doesn't find three jsp: /jsp/fnd/aolj_check_cookie.jsp, /jsp/fnd/aolj_test_headers.jsp, /jsp/fnd/aolj_test_footer.jsp.

Have you any idea?
              Thanks

Pier
              • 19. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                Well, this is what I have mentioned in one of my earlier updates. Missing jsp is certainly the issue with patch.

There was a thread where we had this discussion and problem was resolved by removing references to all these missing files. Look for that.

--Shiv                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
                • 20. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                  Thanks for reply, Shiv,
                  I have copied missing jsp from server and now I don't have this error, but I have my first error yet. Jdev doesn't find RegionAddin.class.
                  May I remove reference to this class too?

Pier
                  • 21. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                    Check Re: Problem Compiling HelloWorld (OAF Tutorial Example) for jsp issue.

--Shiv                                                                                                                                                                                                           
                    • 22. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                      Not sure about reference to this class. You will have to analyze properly to check for any dependency on normal working before removing the reference.

oracle.regions.dt.10.1.3.jar only contains the reference to class oracle.adfdtinternal.view.faces.region.RegionAddin

Try to find the library which contains this class. As it is working for me, I will send you that library file.

--Shiv                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                      • 23. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                        Ok,
                        I look for the library that contains RegionAddin.class.

Thanks for your help.
                        Pier
                        • 24. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                          You can follow the bug      6485693. It was logged last week for the same issue.

--Shiv                                                                                                                                                                           
                          • 25. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                            Alan3
                            I know this is an ancient thread, but the referenced bug is flagged as a dupe and the referenced base bug is inaccessible.
                            Can one of the Oracle mods here see the text of the bug and provide the solution?
                            1 2 Previous Next