JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found

Hi,
    I have just downloaded and installed JDeveloper 10.1.3.3.0 with OA extensions.
    When I start it, I have this error:

Severe(55,73): Addin oracle.adfdtinternal.view.faces.region.RegionAddin does not exist.

I have opened "oracle.regions.dt.10.1.3.jar" but there isn't RegionAddin.class that JDev is looking for.
    Do you know where I can to find this class?

Thanks in advance.
    Pier
      • 1. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
        Pier,

Can you confirm the patch number to make sure you are using jdev with OA extension.

Further, at what point are you getting this error?

--Shiv                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
        • 2. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
          Hi Shiv,
          I have downloaded 6197418 patch for Windows XP.
          I get this error in the "Extensions - Log" tab when JDev start and open the first instance.

Pier
          • 3. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
            Pier,

There is an issue of some missing jsp files with this patch but I never faced this error "Severe(55,73): Addin oracle.adfdtinternal.view.faces.region.RegionAddin does not exist.".

I will suggest to download the patch again and retry.

--Shiv                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
            • 4. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
              I have downloaded it twice and I have the same error.
              I try to download and install again.
              Thanks

Pier
              • 5. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                Shiv,
                I have a question: I'm downloading patch from metalink.
                It's rigth? Is it better from otn sites?

Pier
                • 6. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                  Well, then something seems wrong with the patch. You can also try to check on the Jdev forum JDeveloper and ADF as this is not very specific to OA and is referring to missing adf library.

--Shiv                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
                  • 7. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                    Shiv,
                    before to post this problem in OAF forum, I posted it in Jdev forum and I was redirect at this one.
                    Yes, this is no a OAF problem, but I don't know where to post it now.

Pier
                    • 8. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                      Hi,
                      I have just downloaded from metalink and unzipped 6197418 patch for the third time, but I have the same error: Severe(55,73): Addin oracle.adfdtinternal.view.faces.region.RegionAddin does not exist.

Have other suggest?

Thanks
                      Pier
                      • 9. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                        Babu Reddy
                        hi pier download this patch
                        p4045639_11i_GENERIC
                        • 10. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                          Hi Babu,
                          I'm downloading the patch that you wrote, but that patch is for 11i release. Insted we have installed 12.0.2 release of Oracle Applications.
                          Can we use that Jdev version to develop OA pages?

Pier
                          • 11. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                            Babu Reddy
                            As far i know we can use it for higher version, but i am not sure
                            • 12. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                              Pier ,
                              For Release 12 you have to use Patch 5856648 "10g Jdev with OA Extension".
                              --Mukul                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
                              • 13. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                                Hi Mukul,
                                thanks for your reply.
                                I found in metalink note 416708.1 where there is a different patch for release 12.0.2 of Oracle applications.
                                The patch that you wrote is recommended for release 12.
                                May I use patch 5856648 for release 12.0.2 also?

Pier
                                • 14. Re: JDeveloper - Error on startup: class not found
                                  Pier,
                                  You are right I din't checked updated version of metalink Note 416708.1 - How to find the correct version of JDeveloper to use with
                                  eBusiness Suite 11i or Release 12.
                                  .You have to download patch based on this note only.
                                  --Mukul                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                                  1 2 上一个 下一个