1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 16, 2002 4:49 PM by 300213

getDatabaseFromPool Questions

I have this code working under createObject(OracleInProcServer.XORASession). Now I want to step up and use createDatabasePool since the application is going to be on the web. In trying to solve these problems I have looked at the Oracle documentation online, examples with the install of 8i, back questions of this forum, and other listservers.

Question #1 --
      I get the error message below marked with *. What did I do wrong to get this error? I can access the database from SQL using test/test@colorado and from createObject(..). I have restarted the browser.

sub application_onstart
      oraSession.CreateDatabasePool 1,40,200,"colorado","test/test",0
      end sub

in test.asp
      set oraDatabase = oraSession.GetDatabaseFromPool(10) * error here saying object required

Question #2
      The example under oo4o\iis shows the code ** below. I want to call a package procedure with input and output (ref cursor) parameters as inserted rather than a simple select as shown under CONNPOOL. Can I use createDynaset under those conditions. This code *** below worked under createObject(). Can I use that with createDatabasePool?

** Set oraDynaset = oraDatabase.CreateDynaset("begin test_package.select_from_temp(:temp_id,:temp_cursor);end;",0)

***set oraSQLStmt=oraDatabase.CreateSQL("begin test_package.select_from_temp(:temp_id,:temp_cursor);end;",0)

Question #3
      I am using the code **** below after each ASP statement. Is there a more elegant way that I can pass parameters to an ASP function using OnError, so the user knows what to do. I am saving the error to an err_log table from inside the package, but I need something for the user with more specific instructions.

**** if oraDatabase.lastServerErr <> 0 then
      response.write "This is problem #6: " & lastServerErrText
      end if

Question #4
      Is there other resources for documentation (examples and lists of commands and parameters with an index) other than those mentioned in paragraph #1?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Connie