This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 12:51 AM by orafad RSS

Download Oracle RAC

604905 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

i have a question, where i can get to download Oracle RAC 10 release 2?

I must pay to get Oracle RAC or it is free????

Thanks

Andre
  • 1. Re: Download Oracle RAC
    orafad Oracle ACE
    Database products downloads.

On downloads pages, you will find a OTN license agreement, which you must read and understand before you may download and use the software.

And see Installation guides for help with RAC specific requirements, in the Documentation.
  • 2. Re: Download Oracle RAC
    604905 Newbie
    I see but you can only download Oracle Database without Oracle RAC.

Oracle Database doesn't include Oracle RAC or I is wrong me.
  • 3. Re: Download Oracle RAC
    19426 Guru
    RAC is not separate software, it's an option. OUI offers to install it, when all prerequisites (software/hardware) are fulfilled.

Werner
  • 4. Re: Download Oracle RAC
    hans forbrich Oracle ACE Director
    You is wrong. It's all basically the same software. RAC is simply something you configure when you have the right license.
  • 5. Re: Download Oracle RAC
    574981 Newbie
    I think he wants some material to help ou how to install the RAC from oracle ?
  • 6. Re: Download Oracle RAC
    hans forbrich Oracle ACE Director
    Hi,

i have a question, where i can get to download Oracle
    RAC 10 release 2?
    Oracle RAC is part of the database. It is included in the download for the database. To enable it, you MUST have Oracle Clusterware installed and configured.

Howard Rogers has a demo of installing RAC on Linux at www.dizwell.com ... look under exotica

Otherwise go to otn.oracle.com and look for Jeff Hunter under Articles

>
    I must pay to get Oracle RAC or it is free????
    With Standard Edition, RAC is included in the license, subject to the limitations of Standard Edition

With Enterprise Edition, RAC is a separate priced option of the database but it has no limitations.
  • 7. Re: Download Oracle RAC
    610047 Newbie
    Hi, you can create your own RAC referring to the guide below.

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/10g/OracleDB10gR2RACInstallationOnWindows2003UsingVMware.php

It's absolutely free.

Thanks.

Eric
  • 8. Re: Download Oracle RAC
    618894 Newbie
    Hans

Found several discussion re Oracle RAC and benefits

Would agree with your list re RAC benefits

1. High availability
    2. Scale Up (do more work in the same time)
    3. Speed Up (do the same work in less time)
    4. Rolling Upgrades

We currently run our non RAC Oracle database and application servers on a RHEL OS using HP DL380 server hardware.

We are now designing our next Oracle database environment which will utilize dual server, shared SAN running Oracle RAC to provide a high availability environment for 7 X 24 apps like http://www.drivebc.ca

Noticed that your firm is located in Alberta, are you aware of any Oracle RAC installations in Alberta, specifically the Alberta government in Edmonton?
  • 9. Re: Download Oracle RAC
    546612 Explorer
    I am aware of several RAC installations, including crown corps. I also teach the official Oracle University RAC course across western Canada, both on VM and with my own 'portable' RAC lab.

Feel free to contact me offline - use fuzzy.greybeard@gmail.com to establish contact. I'll be in Edmonton at the Scotia Place next week.
  • 10. Re: Download Oracle RAC
    925952 Newbie
    And now, where can I download RAC 10g2?
    There is no more archive at OTN
  • 11. Re: Download Oracle RAC
    orafad Oracle ACE
    You've just reopened a 5 (!) year old thread.

Search the Database forums category, where questions about "where are (the very very old) 10.2 downloads", and similar, have been asked and answered many times before!

Why not just get the current 11.2 release, Or, if you have rights to use 10g, request software shipment by opening a SR at Metalink / MOS.