5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2007 11:54 AM by 564667

Purchase Order Soft copy

Dear all,

I am working as a technical consultant in a reputed company.Now my client requirement is whenever we approve PO there will be check box Email.If we click on email button then PO soft copy will be sent to the client.But instead of the default copy they want to send a purchase order report (.rdf) through mail.Can anyone suggest me how it is possible.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
      siri
        • 1. Re: Purchase Order Soft copy
          We have done similar execise hence it seems technically it is possible. Please suggest the exact sequense of processing to provide a detailed solution.
          • 2. Re: Purchase Order Soft copy
            Thanks for giving Reply.

yes, perhaps it is a technical issue.when ever we approve a purchase order by checking the email button and giving proper mailId default PO will be sent to that respective mailId.This is the default functionality. Now we are trying to send a report (i.e develpoed Purchase Order Report -po.rdf) .rdf through mail when ever we approve PO.This is the exact requirement.We are working in R12 instance.

Thanks & Regards
            Siri
            • 3. Re: Purchase Order Soft copy
              Please update me as this task is an urgent deliverable to client.

Thanks
              Siri
              • 4. Re: Purchase Order Soft copy
                We had achieved it using a custom mailing program running on schedule which had folowing logic

1) Find out the request id of the Purchase order Report concurrenet program
                2) Insert the request id in a marking table so that same po will not be mailed againa and again
                3) pick up output of purchase order reports stored in $APPLCSF/out with the help of request id
                4) use generic mailing program , which we had written in unix (you can write in pl sql) also to take this file as an attachment and mail it
                • 5. Re: Purchase Order Soft copy
                  Dear Gajanan,

Thanks alot for giving the workaround solution.

Regards
                  Siri