1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2009 9:08 AM by 602764

Sending concurrent request output as an Email

Hi Gurus,

how to send concurrent request's output as an Email.

We are working with oracle Applications: 11.5.9
      Operating System: Oracle Unbreakable Linux 4

Looking forward for any sort of suggestion or help.

Kind regards,

Mubeen Ahmed
        • 1. Re: Sending concurrent request output as an Email
          Fadi Hasweh
          when you submit the request in the output chose email insted of printer.

fadi
          • 2. Re: Sending concurrent request output as an Email
            Hi Fadi,

Thanks for the suggestion, in fact when i am in the process of submitting a concurrent request. I see 'Options' tab. Where i can mention the name of the people to be notified.

I've mentioned his email address in his profile. These notifications are then available in the Notification mailers lists.

My question is how can i send these concurrent request's generated output file on a particular person's email address.

What are the other configuration steps need to be done.

Please don't hesitate to send me the complete steps. :)

Kind regards,

Mubeen
            • 3. Re: Sending concurrent request output as an Email
              Fadi Hasweh
              maybe you need to setup workflow notification mailer at your OAM with info, about your mail server and deatils need there.

fadi
              • 4. Re: Sending concurrent request output as an Email
                Thanks Fadi,

My mail server is hosted externally. i am using smtp and pop3 for sending and receiving emails. Will i be able to send the output of the concurrent request with this configuration or i have to configure mail servrer with me.

Thankyou for your hints suggestions.

Regards,

Mubeen
                • 5. Re: Sending concurrent request output as an Email
                  Fadi Hasweh
                  you will be able to but make sure to reflect those configration in your env. did you check if you have the workflow mailer configured at your env. ?

fadi
                  • 6. Re: Sending concurrent request output as an Email
                    mDy
                    Fadi,

when you submit the request in the output chose email insted of printer.--->>>>>>>>>....

Tried the same.. I cant select any email in the output.. but I can select printer.. only noprint is availble there.. rather I tried using "Notify the following people" and it works. I just want to know..

1) how we can make this as the default option .. everytime, when I run the report I dont want to set this notify people, rather I want to make this as the default one ?/
                    Is this possible ?

2) am getting email about the report.. am gettin a URL . when I click it for the first time.. I can able to see the ouput of the request.whereas next time, it erroed out saying authentication failed.

ANy idea ?

Thanks
                    Yusuf
                    • 7. Re: Sending concurrent request output as an Email
                      user634337
                      The URL/link in ConcReq notifications are only valid for ONE look/visit per person on the notification list.

We use sendmail and uuencode the output into the message. Think You could probably define a print of type email and use pipes as the driver definition.

uuencode output.file | sendmail email@company.com
                      • 8. Re: Sending concurrent request output as an Email
                        Yusuf,
                        You can use UTL_MAIL.send_attach_varchar2 or UTL_MAIL.send_attach_raw to send attachments in the mail.

You have to install this first this does not come by default (see documentation).

You can create a simple procedure which :
                        1. Takes request_id as parameter
                        2. Reads the output file of thie request_id.
                        3. Attach this as txt attachment or raw attachment.
                        4. Send mail with attachment using the above.

Thanks
                        Nagamohan
                        • 9. Re: Sending concurrent request output as an Email
                          But ofcourse, you have to be on database version 10g for this to be used.

Thanks
                          Nagamohan
                          • 10. Re: Sending concurrent request output as an Email
                            Hi,

We can send the output of the concurrent request as email to the concerned person using the following approach.

1. Capture the file path using the request_id (you can get the file path from the fnd_concurrent_requests table).
                            2. Use the code which is used to send emails with attachments. For the code please visit my blog (http://arunrathod.blogspot.com/2008/05/sending-email-using-plsql.html).

Let me know if you face any problem with this code.

Best Regards
                            Arun Kumar S.R
                            Apps Associates
                            • 11. Re: Sending concurrent request output as an Email
                              Hello there,
                              I have been able to burst and email relevant files as pdf attached to corresponding persons from the command line using the rwrun command and the distribution.xml file. It is working absolutely fine and the way i want it to but i also want to somehow do it from the concurrent manager. like when the report is run it picks up the distribution file and distributes cuz in rwrun command we actually specify the distribution.xml file.

so what i am asking is that if there is any way of attaching the distribution.xml file with the request so that when upon completion of request the emails are generated
                              • 12. Re: Sending concurrent request output as an Email
                                If you are running command line. You can create a printer driver in Oracle application for this. Then attach this printer to your concurrent program

HTH

Dinesh
                                • 13. Re: Sending concurrent request output as an Email
                                  I have created a solution where the concurrent request is loaded to a workflow attribute and sent out from workflow notification mailer as an attachment to the main message.
                                  This way you can send quotes and other documents to customers with a nice cover letter.

Check out the details on my blog at http://piotrbelter.blogspot.com

For sending concurrent request outputs to internal users I recommend the notification option from under the Options button when submitting a concurrent request. This way you can specify list of users (names not even emails) who should get the notification.
                                  • 14. Re: Sending concurrent request output as an Email
                                    user645621
                                    I don't think XMLP bursting is available for 11.5.9, only 11.5.10.2 and above.

But by far the easiest option for distributing output is to use the bursting functionality in XMLP/BIP to distribute output via email (or fax, print) to internal or external parties.

Gareth Roberts has documented the steps very well on his blog:
                                    http://garethroberts.blogspot.com/2008/03/bi-publisher-ebs-bursting-101.html
                                    1 2 Previous Next