7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2012 7:36 AM by 938657 RSS

undefined symbol in aix 5.3 with occi/oracle 10g

Hi,

We are using oracle 10g and i am trying to compile a binary using occi.

xlC -qtemplateregistry -qrtti=all -O3 //programs
      -I. -I/usr/vacpp/include -I/usr/vacpp/include/bits -I/home/e020962/MRS/mrsbatchpreprocessing/common/src -L/apps_01/MRS/src/lib -L/oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32 -lbatcharch -lclntsh -lcommon10 -lnls10 -lcore10 -L/oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/rdbms/lib32/ -L/oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/ -locci10 -lclntsh -lld -lm `cat /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/sysliblist` -lpthreads -lini -lclntsh -lcommon10 -lnls10 -lcore10 -L/sys_apps_01/rw/RogueWave/SourcePro/Ed7/lib /sys_apps_01/rw/RogueWave/SourcePro/Ed7/lib/rwoci11s.o -ltls7811-s -loci6111-s -ldbt6111-s -I. -I/apps_01/MRS/src/include -I/apps_01/mol/include -I/sys_apps_01/rw/RogueWave/SourcePro/Ed7 -I/oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/rdbms/demo -I/oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/rdbms/public -I/oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/plsql/public -I/oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/network/public
      ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .lxuStrLen
      ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.
      make: The error code from the last command is 8.

Our compiler is xlC v7 and box is aix 5.3

Thanks,
      Balaji.
        • 1. Re: undefined symbol in aix 5.3 with occi/oracle 10g
          prajithparan
          Are you using 'lxuStrLen' anywhere in the code ? then include the corresponding support LIB in compilation . You can check the man page.

Or may be you missing some ROGUE WAVE libs
          • 2. Re: undefined symbol in aix 5.3 with occi/oracle 10g
            Hi,

I understand something is missing, but i do not get whats that. Moreover, there is no man page for lxuStrLen. Googling for that i see few links and all those pertain to oracle only, that too oracle for aix. The aix version in the result pages were 4.3 while we are using 5.3 and the oracle version was 9i while ours is 10g. I am sure its not a Rogue Wave dependency. I am guessing whether we need to include or link any other special oracle file/library for successful compilation.

Note, the binary was compiled successfully when the oracle version linked to was changed to 9i. So the problem is with 10g!!!!

Thanks,
            Balaji.
            • 3. Re: undefined symbol in aix 5.3 with occi/oracle 10g
              Quick update......

After going thru the demo makefile(demo_rdbms32.mk), i included -lclntst10. The compilation was successful but with lots of warnings. Checking with google, it looks like this warning can be ignored. But i would like to be more clear. Thoughts are appreciated. Below are the warnings.

ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiTimestamp.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              Symbol was expected to be local. Extra instructions
              are being generated to reference the symbol.
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiIntervalDS.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiIntervalYM.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiUtil.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiMessage.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiNumber.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiDate.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiBfile.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiClob.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiAnyDataImpl.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiPObj.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiSubscription.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiListener.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiProducer.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiAgent.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiMapImpl.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiStatelessCPImpl.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiResultSetVec.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiStatementVec.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiResultSetImpl.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiStatementImpl.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiMetaData.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiConnPoolImpl.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiConnectionImpl.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiEnvImpl.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads
              ld: 0711-773 WARNING: Object /oracle/product/v10.2.0.3/lib32/libocci10.a[occiSQLExceptionImpl.o], imported symbol __n_pthreads

Thanks,
              Balaji.
              • 4. Re: undefined symbol in aix 5.3 with occi/oracle 10g
                prajithparan
                Add -lpthread library and try

However I was wondering , since you have included ' -lclntsh ' in your first post , how libclntsh10 inclusion worked well because both are same.
                Or probably your LD_LIBRARY_PATH points to some where else.
                • 5. Re: undefined symbol in aix 5.3 with occi/oracle 10g
                  I have replaced lib clntsh with clntst. The error was solved and the warnings arised.
                  Since its a aix box, hope LIBPATH is used. Anywayz, i tried compiling adding all the lib paths in the makefile itself for the target. Still unsucessful with the same warnings. Also pthreads were part of it earlier itself.

Googling, one site says to compile with rac_off option. Do not know whether clustering has any impact???

Thanks,
                  Balaji.
                  • 6. Re: undefined symbol in aix 5.3 with occi/oracle 10g
                    Did you found any resolution for these warnings? I am getting same warning and would like to get rid of them.

Please let me know if anyone has any inputs on this.

Thanks,
                    Vijay
                    • 7. Re: undefined symbol in aix 5.3 with occi/oracle 10g
                      I've the same with 10.2 on aix box, did you find the solution?
                      Thanks